Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The credit crisis and spending on V Drums

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The credit crisis and spending on V Drums

    Will the current credit crisis and financial gloom/economic situation with house prices, banks and stocks and shares, job losses etc effect your future V Drum purchases? or are we muso's immune to such things in the face of G.A.S ?

    I mean if u see something you want would you think "oh bugger it! i'm gonna get it, you only live once" or would you think twice?

    I tend to live for each day and get what i need for my drums within reason without being extravagant and of course if i know i can afford it...
    Last edited by daveybabes; 10-10-08, 04:35 PM. Reason: Rephrased Question
    WEBSITE - http://www.diamondelectronicdrums.com/
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbVB...?feature=guide
    FACEBOOK me at ... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...83235555050736
    :eek: ...
    Showcase 1 - http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=253
    Showcase 2 - http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=354

  • #2
    Although I use my credit card for many things, I don't buy stuff that I don't have the money for (I pay the total balance each month). Consequently, I did give a rip about "credit". What bothers me is the resultant general economic slow-down and the impact on my retirement funds (and those of millions of others).

    I likes me drums, but it's not that important in the bigger picture.

    Comment


    • #3
      My pension crashed years ago and is now totally worthless, when property prices bottom out hopefully I'll be able to afford a buy to rent to pay for my retirement.

      I've got a TDW-20 on order but apart from that I'm trying to cut down my spending. This year it's looking like I'll earn about half what I earned last year.

      Having said that, I'm actually looking forward to having some spare time for the first time in 3 years

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Fat Rich View Post
        I've got a TDW-20 on order but apart from that I'm trying to cut down my spending.
        Another testament to the wonderful world we live it today.

        I'm cutting back so I'll just buy this $6000 toy.

        LMAO

        I often believe we are living at the very peak of humanity. I can't imagine it being any better that "cutting back" to a $6000 toy.

        It is indeed a wonderful life.

        Comment


        • #5
          If my job holds out I hope to maintain the status quo which for me means staying with my TD3, searching relentlessly for deals on mesh head replacements at a bargain price, riding 27 year old motorcycles because I know how fix them and have the tools, wondering why I have four kids with my name on all kinds of education loans and being infinitely happy I woke up this morning.
          Although most of the time it doesn't' happen, I try to appreciate what I have and appreciate each day.
          TD9 Frankenkit

          Comment


          • #6
            I will paraphrase one of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers (showing my age hear) and say:

            "Drums will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no drums!"

            Comment


            • #7
              At the risk of being alienated, I feel I have a responsibility to say this & my apologies to anyone who disagrees with what I have to say. What we are seeing is the controlled demolition of the world economy so that the wealthy can buy up all hard assets for pennies on the pound, not to mention create a one-world-currency and one-world-government in the process. It has now been revealed that the $700b "bailout" is likely to be more like 5 TRILLION, the important point here is that there is no limit on the amount to be effectively looted. Not many people are aware that congress was not even able to SEE the "bailout" bill before they decided whether or not to allow it to pass, but instead were allowed to debate certain "talking points" of the bill. Most are also unaware that many members of congress were told in private conversations that should the "bailout" bill be thrown out, martial law would be declared. What does this mean? This means that congress (ie the people representing your interests) would be rendered powerless and the constitution (ie your basic human rights) would be suspended. People have no idea just how big this is, what FEMA's plans are, that the U.S army and special units have already been activated on U.S soil (which is against your constitution mind you) or even that there are CONCENTRATION CAMPS that have been built in "the home of the free". I don't want you to take my word for it people, I want you to research these things for yourselves!! Look these things up on unfiltered media (not your TV's) and see for yourself. I'll give you some resources to start with so you can at least see that I'm no story-teller. To get a real and un-filtered view of what's happening on the ground check out the feeds at: www.infowars.com/infowars.asx There is a lot of information still on youtube but get to it quickly as plans to tightly control and filter the web are being enacted as we speak. Do a search on youtube for "concentration camps in the US" for actual videos of these FEMA-built installations. Also try searching for things like "North American Union", "New World Order", "Martial Law", "FEMA", "Order of Death", "RFID chip", "David Icke" (though I'm quite sure he's been blocked), "Alex Jones". These are no longer conspiracy "theories" for the hard evidence in the form of government documents etc are there, but be wary- disinformation and deceit are the enemy's top tools. www.prisonplanet.com is also an excellent resource for inside info. I strongly suggest that people with available funds (savings etc) look into putting their money into hard assets such as gold and silver, as your paper assets will soon be next to worthless due to imminent hyper-inflation. Again, please don't take my word for it, do the research for yourselves if you want to find the truth because no one is going to hand it to you. I also strongly urge people to have a look at the following: http://www.edgemediatv.com/article001_icke.html Best of luck to everyone here and abound in the difficult days ahead, don't forget the most important thing of all- the next revolution WILL NOT BE TELEVISED!!!

              Yours very sincerely, Aaron
              "Today young men on acid realised that all matter is purely energy condensed to a slow vibration; That we are all of one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively; There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves.. Here's Tom with the weather"...

              TD-20 + TMC-6 + VF-1 + Gen16's = Not enough inputs.
              Watch me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLqt6zaAYkY

              Comment


              • #8
                Wow! I may or may not believe in that stuff Aaron, but I sure wouldn't put it out on the net, unless my name was really Sally or Gretchen or something!
                Anyway, to the question. I was just about to throw away my depression proof (required by law) day job to go back to full time music. I have put that on temporary hold until this mess clears a little bit. Our bookings are still there but it is looking thin until folks know what is going to happen. If it gets worse the casions will start cancelling bands-they always do. I was going to go into debt to purchase a TD20 module and almost pushed the button, but instead I found a 2nd TD6v at a good price and paid cash. The TD20 can wait until next summer.
                I agree that a lot of this is a manipulation of our lives by the rich and powerful, however those same people who are sticking it to us now need us to spend money in the future for them to remain rich and powerful. This makes me believe that all things are temporary (except the losss of your job or house) and in a few months it will be over. In the mean time, you can not eat gold and it will not keep you warm and dry. Put your money into a camp trailer or RV and buy up a few cases of canned food. I have a stocked, paid off motor home, an xtra vehicle that I recently paid cash for and a full set of paid music gear. All the big bands worked during the Great Depression. They had food and purpose and were able to send money home. Be smart, take care of your families and don't be totaly homeless. Revolutions are for those with no hope and a poor spiritual condition.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The way I see it is, there's stuff all we can do about it, we are but pawns in a huge game of chess.
                  Take care of your own, watch your spending, keep up the mortgage payments, and sell tons of stuff on ebay to fund your GAS!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    STill saving for my SPD S and PD 125...my income is secure, so unless food prices suddenly spike I should be alright....

                    a one world currency and one world government seems quite good to me...the euro and the EU have brought prosperity and peace to Europe.
                    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by KapperDog View Post
                      Another testament to the wonderful world we live it today.

                      I'm cutting back so I'll just buy this $6000 toy.

                      LMAO

                      I often believe we are living at the very peak of humanity. I can't imagine it being any better that "cutting back" to a $6000 toy.

                      It is indeed a wonderful life.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by The Source View Post
                        At the risk of being alienated, I feel I have a responsibility to say this & my apologies to anyone who disagrees with what I have to say.
                        What we are seeing is the controlled demolition of the world economy so that the wealthy can buy up all hard assets for pennies on the pound, not to mention create a one-world-currency and one-world-government in the process.
                        It has now been revealed that the $700b "bailout" is likely to be more like 5 TRILLION, the important point here is that there is no limit on the amount to be effectively looted. Not many people are aware that congress was not even able to SEE the "bailout" bill before they decided whether or not to allow it to pass, but instead were allowed to debate certain "talking points" of the bill. Most are also unaware that many members of congress were told in private conversations that should the "bailout" bill be thrown out, martial law would be declared. What does this mean? This means that congress (ie the people representing your interests) would be rendered powerless and the constitution (ie your basic human rights) would be suspended. People have no idea just how big this is, what FEMA's plans are, that the U.S army and special units have already been activated on U.S soil (which is against your constitution mind you) or even that there are CONCENTRATION CAMPS that have been built in "the home of the free". I don't want you to take my word for it people, I want you to research these things for yourselves!! Look these things up on unfiltered media (not your TV's) and see for yourself. I'll give you some resources to start with so you can at least see that I'm no story-teller. To get a real and un-filtered view of what's happening on the ground check out the feeds at: www.infowars.com/infowars.asx There is a lot of information still on youtube but get to it quickly as plans to tightly control and filter the web are being enacted as we speak. Do a search on youtube for "concentration camps in the US" for actual videos of these FEMA-built installations. Also try searching for things like "North American Union", "New World Order", "Martial Law", "FEMA", "Order of Death", "RFID chip", "David Icke" (though I'm quite sure he's been blocked), "Alex Jones". These are no longer conspiracy "theories" for the hard evidence in the form of government documents etc are there, but be wary- disinformation and deceit are the enemy's top tools. www.prisonplanet.com is also an excellent resource for inside info. I strongly suggest that people with available funds (savings etc) look into putting their money into hard assets such as gold and silver, as your paper assets will soon be next to worthless due to imminent hyper-inflation. Again, please don't take my word for it, do the research for yourselves if you want to find the truth because no one is going to hand it to you. I also strongly urge people to have a look at the following: http://www.edgemediatv.com/article001_icke.html Best of luck to everyone here and abound in the difficult days ahead, don't forget the most important thing of all- the next revolution WILL NOT BE TELEVISED!!!

                        Yours very sincerely, Aaron
                        Aaron you are right on, and while most people won't believe this is happening it truly is. The central banking system which includes the Federal Reserve are privately owned, members are unknown to the general public and Governments. The Fed has manipulated the market and destroyed the dollar by creating a false economy. Remember this.... to control the world you need not weapons of mass destruction, you control the world by controlling their financial systems. Americans look at the back of your dollar bill and take a look at the pyramid, what does the "eye' stand for ?
                        I just bought a new ( used) amp for my Vdrums and have my sights on the TDW 20 card, so even the Federal Reserve can't stop my G.A.S.
                        Best to all edrummers and their families in these tough times.
                        www.myspace.com/tongueingrooveTd 20 Purple Fade V Session Cy15, 2x Cy14, Cy8, Asi+ Crown k2 amps, BBE max. Legion 15's, Madison 18 subs, Tama,Yamaha hardware.
                        Your never as good or bad as you think you are !

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SIZZLE View Post
                          Aaron you are right on, and while most people won't believe this is happening it truly is. The central banking system which includes the Federal Reserve are privately owned, members are unknown to the general public and Governments. The Fed has manipulated the market and destroyed the dollar by creating a false economy. Remember this.... to control the world you need not weapons of mass destruction, you control the world by controlling their financial systems. Americans look at the back of your dollar bill and take a look at the pyramid, what does the "eye' stand for ?
                          I just bought a new ( used) amp for my Vdrums and have my sights on the TDW 20 card, so even the Federal Reserve can't stop my G.A.S.
                          Best to all edrummers and their families in these tough times.
                          Another bump to Aaron's post. There's just so much going on that the general population either considers conspiracy theories or takes a head in the sand approach to. There are a growing number of people awakening to reality though.

                          Check this out if you haven't already.....
                          http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

                          A few things have slowed my GAS temporarily but they are not so much a lack of funding but more a diversion of funds into security systems for my studio.
                          I have spend close to 30 grand this year on my kit and my studio. The universe provides if you ask and expect

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            As far as I can see a lot of todays problems are due to greed. Banks worldwide were giving higher and higher loans to people, who were made to believe that everyone should own a house of his own and who could hardly afford it at the low interest rates of that time with a very short rate fixation period. After that period expired, they had to pay (much) more interest and they got into trouble. In the meantime, all the big bosses were just concerned loaning more and more money so they could earn more money. It went well for some time but in the end it had to go wrong.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The effects are not felt here as much as the media states, for the 2nd Saturday now my city has been total grid lock with folks trying to get in to the shopping mall to spend spend spend, roads closed total chaos lasting 6 hours or more ...
                              Last edited by daveybabes; 10-11-08, 11:11 AM.
                              WEBSITE - http://www.diamondelectronicdrums.com/
                              YOUTUBE CHANNEL - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbVB...?feature=guide
                              FACEBOOK me at ... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...83235555050736
                              :eek: ...
                              Showcase 1 - http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=253
                              Showcase 2 - http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=354

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X