Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think I may have a GAS attack this weekend..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think I may have a GAS attack this weekend..

Looking at possiblily adding the following to my rig this weekend as long as the Guitar Center near where I am visiting in PA has the items in stock...

Tapco Mix.120 Compact Mixer
    Roland CY-8 V-Cymbal Dual-Trigger (If I don't get the Dingbat, maybe 2 of these)
    Pintech Dingbat Tubular Pad (possibly)
    Current E-Rig:Roland TD-20K /w Roland CY-8, Roland KD-8 & Roland SPD-S
    AMP: Mackie SRM450 V2

Current Acoustic Rig:5 piece Pearl Export Series, a bunch of Sabian Cymbals.

Not to dash your hopes, but I have found that the Guitar Centers near me do not carry Roland vdrum parts "a-la-carte", so you might have trouble with that CY-8.
    Call ahead....

Comment

Dingbat

Originally posted by spyder View Post
      Looking at possiblily adding the following to my rig this weekend as long as the Guitar Center near where I am visiting in PA has the items in stock...

Tapco Mix.120 Compact Mixer
      Roland CY-8 V-Cymbal Dual-Trigger (If I don't get the Dingbat, maybe 2 of these)
      Pintech Dingbat Tubular Pad (possibly)
      I've never seen a Dingbat at a Guitar Center location. Only on their website.

Like Colquhoun said, they usually only have the full kits and are unwilling to part them out.

Makes me really appreciate my drum shop (plug for West Coast Drum Center). They'll sell me anything they have in stock even if it's part of a kit.

FYI - I got one of the Yamaha compact mixers (MG102C) and really like it. Mounts on a microphone stand (with optional adaptor).
      Frequent GAS Sufferer

TD-9, RMP-12, RMP-5 & SonicCell on Gibraltar Quad Stands.

Comment

That Pintech Dingbat is a nice little pad. I have one that I use for tree chimes.
        Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
        "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Colquhoun View Post
          Not to dash your hopes, but I have found that the Guitar Centers near me do not carry Roland vdrum parts "a-la-carte", so you might have trouble with that CY-8.
          Call ahead....
          I actually have walked into a GC and walked out with a CY-8. They actually had a few in stock, so it is possible. But, I'm often surprised at the basic things I've walked in and not been able to get at GC (example: recently found two shops with no resonant bass drum heads in stock - really!). So, Colquhoun is right ... call ahead.
          >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

is there any other large chain music stores in NY or PA besides Guitar Center that I may have more luck at?

Comment

is there any other large chain music stores in NY or PA besides Guitar Center that I may have more luck at?
              You might be able to find a Sam Ash store. I'm in the midwest, and don't know their exact locations in PA or NY, but they do exist there. At least one near me (Chicago area) has Roland cymbals in stock. Might be worth a phone call before you travel to find out if there's local stock if you get near one.
              and the jukebox plays..... !! (the Nails - Home of the Brave )

E-set : TDW-20, 2 up & 2 down, VH-12, 6 cymbals (5 CY14, 1 CY15), 2 Pintech Dingbats all on a Gibraltar rack, thru a Simmons DA200S
              VExpressions Gigging Kits & Top 50 Drummers #1

A-set : 1968 Ludwig Hollywood in Burgundy Sparkle

Comment

Go to the roland US site:
                http://rolandus.com/

Click on "dealer locator" in the upper right corner.
                Should shine some light on who might have your gear.

You may actually do better at a smaller music store than some of the big chains...you never know.

Comment

GAS Update so far

Roland CY-8
                  Roc-N-Soc Manual Spindle + Backrest (Black)

still the weekend, so we see what else can happen

Nobody has the Tapco Mix.120 in stock either :/

Comment

New setup with the additional CY-8 and the Roc-N-Soc Throne with back

Comment

Looks good. What do you use the second bass drum for? Everything looks nice and sharp in black and white.

Comment

FYI spyder we have a nice GC here in Buffalo, which is far closer than PA for you, except NY state and Erie County will kill you for taxes, but for small purchases you might as well come here! We also have a nice big local drum store, but they only deal with Yamaha stuff, but they have sticks, A-kits and cymbals like no one else.

Comment

Yep, I was at a friends house for the weekend while there I decided to loot the local Guitar Center... No Tax for out of Staters... yeah.. i think that's a deal I will do again and again... especially if I have a need for a big purchase down the road.

Thanks for the tip about the Buffalo location... may hit that for small purchases if I am in the area..

Comment

Originally posted by Canerican View Post
                            Looks good. What do you use the second bass drum for? Everything looks nice and sharp in black and white.
                            It's setup as a very low bass hit right now...

Comment

Working...
                            X