Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find a great ride bell sound for TD20?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find a great ride bell sound for TD20?

I've been all through the stock sounds and the VEX Professor pack, but haven't found a ride bell sound that I like. I can't even find a ride sounds that I really like.

It's difficult to describe the sound that I'm after. Recent Rush has the sound that I'm looking for - nice solid bell, not too pingy, not too deep. I'd like a little more ping without a lot of low frequency buildup with the ride. There just aren't a lot of words to describe ride cymbal sounds...

Is there anything that I can do to modify the sounds that I have to get closer to ride nirvana?
    My band http://therosefamiliar.com

TDW-20 with two additional PD-85s and four additional CY-8s, various VEX kits, and VDrumLib

Crappy Behringer Eurolive B215D 15" Powered PA Cabinet for monitoring
    Two JBL EON 515 15" 450-Watt Self Powered Speaker for front of house

Behringer ULTRA-DI PRO DI800 8 channel direct box

ESI ESU1808 audio interface with Reaper for recording

You have identified the biggest problem - the difficulty of describing the sound of an instrument in words.

Personally I like the 22" clean ride, but that's just me.

I'm afraid if you can't find something in the VEX packs, you are on your own. I would suggest experimenting with cymbal size and EQ.

Otherwise, you may have to resort to capturing a sample and triggering it via MIDI.

Comment

Like the Sabian Paragon series? http://www.guitarcenter.com/LMS/Viewer.aspx?vid=113851

Comment

Ride sounds

Thanks, I'll do some more experimenting...

Originally posted by stickinthemud View Post
        You have identified the biggest problem - the difficulty of describing the sound of an instrument in words.

Personally I like the 22" clean ride, but that's just me.

I'm afraid if you can't find something in the VEX packs, you are on your own. I would suggest experimenting with cymbal size and EQ.

Otherwise, you may have to resort to capturing a sample and triggering it via MIDI.

TDW-20 with two additional PD-85s and four additional CY-8s, various VEX kits, and VDrumLib

Comment

TDW-20 ride is much better!

Looks like the TDW-20 upgrade may have fixed me up!

Originally posted by jameswadewilson View Post
          I've been all through the stock sounds and the VEX Professor pack, but haven't found a ride bell sound that I like. I can't even find a ride sounds that I really like.

It's difficult to describe the sound that I'm after. Recent Rush has the sound that I'm looking for - nice solid bell, not too pingy, not too deep. I'd like a little more ping without a lot of low frequency buildup with the ride. There just aren't a lot of words to describe ride cymbal sounds...

Is there anything that I can do to modify the sounds that I have to get closer to ride nirvana?

Comment

I like the sound of my Zildjian Zil Bel so what I did was just EQ the hell out of just the bell sound. Still not exactly how I want it, but it's pretty damn good.
            Check out my NEW eBay Store: V-Drum Emporium!

Comment

Working...
            X