Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Marco Socolli/Roxx/HUGE Ddrum kit, where is he now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marco Socolli/Roxx/HUGE Ddrum kit, where is he now?

Anyone remember this ad?

I used to see it and think "Man it would be awesome to have a set with 14 pads and 6 kicks and 8 tubes and a bunch of cymbals".. Well, now I own basically double the amount of stuff he has (though I have yet to combine it all, damned apartment bedroom is too small!

Anyway, I can't find ANYTHING on him or the band 'Roxx' from New York City.. There's nothing about 'this guy back in the day' and the only stuff I did find that matched his name look like a different person.. It would seem that if he had an endorsement with Ddrum, with that much stuff, and had full page ads several times, there would be SOME mention of him somewhere?

I don't know anything about the group, but I'm curious, anyone have any info?
    Expanded TD-10, TD-7, PTX-8, DrumKAT 3.8, 8xPD7, 5xPD9, 4xKD7, FD7, 3xPD100, 4xPD120, 4xHart Acupad TE3, 2xECymbalX, Pintech Kick, 10xLP Spike, 2xSapphire, 3xPTT8, 1xPSD8, PBD8 Kick, 2xSynare 3, 2xAcrylic Cymbals, Gibraltar/Roland racks

In the 1970s some car brands used beautiful girls on top of their vehikles. Very unreal, because when you bought such car ...

This is the same
    Robert

Comment

So you think he's just some hot guy and there was never a real band named Roxx??

According to CDNow, here's the only stuff listed for the name 'Roxx'.. I don't think 'Roxx Gang' is the same group..

Here it is

Hmmm, very strange, I've never come across a made up band to sell drums before..
      Expanded TD-10, TD-7, PTX-8, DrumKAT 3.8, 8xPD7, 5xPD9, 4xKD7, FD7, 3xPD100, 4xPD120, 4xHart Acupad TE3, 2xECymbalX, Pintech Kick, 10xLP Spike, 2xSapphire, 3xPTT8, 1xPSD8, PBD8 Kick, 2xSynare 3, 2xAcrylic Cymbals, Gibraltar/Roland racks

Comment

Originally posted by Shep2112
        So you think he's just some hot guy and there was never a real band named Roxx??
        No. Perhaps he's a real drummer (although ...) and perhaps there is a real band. But the drumkit is a bit overdone. Just for the sake of the advertisement.
        Robert

Comment

Hmm, I suppose it could be.. Though it looks set up logically enough, and if he's in fact playing keyboards and samples and all, while playing drums, you would need additional stuff.. I love the symmetrical design of it though.. Remote hat in the center, 2 stacked crashes and a china above on each side, 4 toms in front, 3 toms up each side, 4 pole triggers across the front above the toms, 3 kicks on each side.. It looks like there was a lot of thought put into that kit.. But where is he now??

Comment

Working...
          X