Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heckling pets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heckling pets?

Does anyone else have a pet that starts flipping out when you play?

I've got a couple of parrots that go nuts when I start playing. They do it when I play rock band too. Sometimes it's funny, other times it's annoying. The funny one was when one of them starting counting along with the metrenome!
    TD-20, TD-6V, Hart Pro Snare, PD-80, PD-100 x2, PD-120 Toms, Hart II E Ride, 13" Crash, Jman 16" Crash, 18" China, 12 &10 inch DIY Splash, CY-5 splash, VH-11 hihat w/ Iron Cobra Stand, 2 KD-8 w/ Pearl Eliminator pedals.

No, my pets ignore me when I play. Kinda hurts my feelings.

A video of that action would be hilarious!

Comment

I have 2 cats, they completely ignore my playing!

Comment

Knowing my luck, they'd stop yelling if I tried to video tape it. The dogs ignore it when I play too.
        TD-20, TD-6V, Hart Pro Snare, PD-80, PD-100 x2, PD-120 Toms, Hart II E Ride, 13" Crash, Jman 16" Crash, 18" China, 12 &10 inch DIY Splash, CY-5 splash, VH-11 hihat w/ Iron Cobra Stand, 2 KD-8 w/ Pearl Eliminator pedals.

Comment

Funny thread. I posted this on another forum some time ago: when I played my CVP-303 digital piano, my dog used to go sit right behind me and just stare. Very annoying.

No problem when I'm playing my drums on the 2nd floor; she can't walk the stairs...

Comment

I have 2 cats and they aren't impressed! They tend to leave for the back garden. I must really suck haha

Comment

My cats ignore me... the dog goes bonkers... but then again, he's a dumbass.
              Alan
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

I try to fit in an hour of playing after work from 5 -6pm (when work lets me...) - my dog knows when it's time to knock off and have tea (dinner) - she comes downstairs at 5:55 and gives me the message (barks).....I try to think that that she just loves me and is telling me it's time to give her a pat.....but sometimes it's a pain when trying to concentrate on a particular part.

Comment

Actually, the time I sat down on the drums and one of the birds goes "G-- damn it!!" really loud was the funniest one.

Comment

My dog likes to lay under my legs when I play

Comment

Our dog follows me around, she sleeps on a folded up old comforter right next to the drum kit. THAT show some devotion....
                      Michael

TD-12/Gibraltar rack/Pintech Concertcast drums 12" snare, 1 12" tom, 2 10" toms, 8" mesh kick, Visulite cymbals, 14" dual zone crash, 13" hi-hat, 18" 3 zone ride and 2 Dingbats, Roland PM-10, iPod, Zildjian anti-vibe sticks, Roc-N-Soc throne with backrest, Yamaha snare stand, Tama Iron Cobra pedal and HH75W hi-hat stand, Sennheiser HDR 110 wireless headphones. V-expressions 80's and 90's Giggin' Kits and Both Top 50 drummers (hopefully functional soon)

Comment

When I was a teenager, I had a set of Ludwig Vistalites with power toms. These drums were LOUD.
                        The family cat would jump and run out of the room when I started playing... the kind of tearing around corners where the cat's feet can't get a grip and go sliding all over the place.
                        It was really funny then.
                        I guess I grew up....because it's only a LITTLE funny now.

Comment

Colquhoun, I complete understand. My cat does the same thing! Funny to watch!
                          sigpic

Comment

I've posted a few times before about my cats (now, just one cat) and my drums.

Here is a post about Gizmo, the Himalayan I still have, playing the drums - plus where he enjoys sleeping and hanging out.

Find domain names, web hosting and online marketing for your website -- all in one place. Network Solutions helps businesses get online and grow online with domain name registration, web hosting and innovative online marketing services.

There was also a thread about VDrums and cats; I posted there about my former ragdoll cat sleeping in front of the speaker of my Altec system:

Find domain names, web hosting and online marketing for your website -- all in one place. Network Solutions helps businesses get online and grow online with domain name registration, web hosting and innovative online marketing services.
                            Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post
                              My dog likes to lay under my legs when I play
                              Same thing here - very strange. The cats ignore my drumming, but tend to watch if I'm playing keyboards.

Steve
                              No more V-drums; all acoustics now.

Comment

Working...
                              X