Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the dimensions of the MDS-10 and MDS-20 racks ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the dimensions of the MDS-10 and MDS-20 racks ???

I have been trying to figure out what the dimensions are for the MDS-10 and MDS-20 racks.

I am mainly concerned with how wide the crossbars are in the middle, how wide the left arm is, and how wide the right arm is.

I currently have some funky MDS-10 wannabe stand that I got off somebody used. I am thinking about upgrading it to either an MDS-10 or MDS-20, but I am only going to bother upgrading if I can get something considerably better and a little bigger.

Here is a pic of my mutant rack. The crossbar is approximately 34 inches wide, the one arm is 25 inches wide, and the other arm is 20 inches wide.

Fufill your GAS problems here at my eBay store: Drums By DjPiLL

Check out my new Drum Outlet eBay Store for various CHEAP percussion hardware: DJ's Drum Outlet

http://www.roland.com/PRODUCTS/EN/_s...ln=en&prd=MDS6

http://www.roland.com/PRODUCTS/EN/MDS-20BK/specs.html
    TD-9KW

Comment

Thanks.

So both stands are the same size? Because it looks like they use the same footprint.

Why does the MDS10 look larger in pictures?

Check out my new Drum Outlet eBay Store for various CHEAP percussion hardware: DJ's Drum Outlet

Comment

They are dang near identical for the footprint...

Comment

If I remember right, the center sections are the same width, but on the MDS-12, the side arms are shorter. And the vertical tubes on the MDS-20 are 1.75" so they look thicker. (cause they are)
          sigpic

Comment

Suxor drummer [Michael]. Are you sure the MDS-20 is 1.75"? [See ya Sunday].

I thought Roland only made one size clamp.

Also, Dj. Consider the MDS-12. It's considerably cheaper than the MDS-20 [and, considerably more than the MDS-10]. You can't buy the MDS-10 new [discontinued] and it has plastic corner brackets. The MDS-12 and the MD-20 have metal corner brackets [if that matters to ya].

Comment

Dood, I may be teh suxor, but i no my roll and racks.

Seriously, the MDS-20 has 1.75" vertical pipes so the adjustable legs (which arte 1.5") can move up and down. Roland makes two sizes of the metal t-joints.

See ya in the Parking lot!
              sigpic

Comment

I should know better than to challenge the power jewel.

Last edited by KapperDog; 09-18-08, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I'm glad somebody asked that! I'm planning on getting an MDS-10 at some point because them seem to go for a lot less mds-20s on ebay. Reassuring to know they're mostly similar...
                  My kit:

Comment

Just for some clarity, could someone please measure how long the top crossbar is (the one the tom's bolt onto)? I need to figure out if it'll fit in a suitcase (long story). If someone could do that and PM me or post it here I'd appreciate it!

Cheers

Matt

Comment

Well for what it's worth i believe the crossbar i have is about 34 inches and i think mine came from a td10.

I actually went out and scored an MDS12 off of somebody locally. I am working on putting it together and fishing all the wires through. Let me tell you what a PITA that is! The guy I bought it from is a lefty and had the whole rack unwired because he had to move the pads around. It was a mess.

Anyways the MDS12 is a nice looking rack, but it's small. The crossbar on that rack is only 28-29 inches wide.

Does anyone use an MDS12 rack with 10" pads? When I put my pads on, it looks a little cluttered. Not sure if thats a good thing or not.

I guess if I dont like it I can always sell it.

Comment

Cheers DJ

I reckon I'm good for a tube up to about 40" inside my suitcase so it looks like I'll be able to bring the whole frame home that way. I'm going to re-do the whole set up when I get it home, I bought it as a display model from the store and it was already set up, which saved me some time but it's never been done the way I really wanted it.

Cheers for the info

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by TD20 Q8 View Post
                          Cheers DJ

I reckon I'm good for a tube up to about 40" inside my suitcase so it looks like I'll be able to bring the whole frame home that way. I'm going to re-do the whole set up when I get it home, I bought it as a display model from the store and it was already set up, which saved me some time but it's never been done the way I really wanted it.

Cheers for the info

Matt

No problem. But I would get another opinion here before you know for sure. My measurement was approximate and I have a mutant TD10 kit that's modified. I am not even sure what type of kit I have.

Comment

Working...
                          X