Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the difference between a TD-6v and a 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the difference between a TD-6v and a 9

Just wondered. If any of you guys have ditched your TD-6V for a TD-9, what improvments have been made.

Im playing a TD-6V and I'm very happy with it. Have you got extra ports and a bigger rack ??.

What I mean is, if I upgraded, what extras would I get for the dosh.

The dynamics are much better as are the sounds. I don't like the on board sounds of the 6V anymore....the 9 sounds great though.

The only down side for custom kits and the 9 module is the new cable setup. You are stuck with that multi pin connector which leads to all of the TRS cables. For my kit I would need to make 50% of those cables longer which is too much work for me...
    Dave
    Sonic Orb Studios
    My Youtube

My kit is custom running 10, 12, 14" toms, a 12" snare, 2 crash, 1 ride, 1 splash, and dual kick drum all plugged into a
    Roland TD-6V module which runs MIDI to Superior Drummer 2

Comment

I ditched my 6 for a 9...better sounds, MUCH better dynamics, better backing tracks, with the ability to mute different parts - so you can jam with just the bass, or copy the drums, or what not, much better sounds, worth repeating that...scope function, which is brilliant for a newbie...better user interface...

the cable isnt a pain if you are still using the 6's rack, otherwise you might have to get extender...you also get an additionAL input making 10 total...IF YOU, sorry. if you get a CY 12, you can trigger its bell as well as rim and head for the ride. the splash foot close sound of the hi hat is now audible..

well worth it in my opinion....
      TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
      ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
      not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Working...
      X