Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Black rims and stereo cables...where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black rims and stereo cables...where?

I just got the KD-120 yesterday and noticed it has a black powder coated rim on it. anybody know where to get something like these? I would like to redo my whole kit with black rims and lugs and I'm also considering recovering all shells as well.

I also was wondering where to get good quality replacement stereo cables just like the ones roland includes with the original kit. you know, with the "L" shaped plug on one end? can you get these straight from Roland, or is there a cheaper place?

Thanks
    - ET

Re: Black rims and stereo cables...where?

Originally posted by EricLThomp
    I just got the KD-120 yesterday and noticed it has a black powder coated rim on it. anybody know where to get something like these? I would like to redo my whole kit with black rims and lugs and I'm also considering recovering all shells as well.

I also was wondering where to get good quality replacement stereo cables just like the ones roland includes with the original kit. you know, with the "L" shaped plug on one end? can you get these straight from Roland, or is there a cheaper place?

Thanks
    - ET
    You want to use metal rims on an E-kit? I'm not sure what affect this has on triggering, if any. I am sure it will substantially increase the rim shot noise on the snare. Is it your intention to include the snare? I can see you doing this on the tom's, but I always thought having 2 extra PD-120's to swap out on my V-pro's was a plus in the event the rubber cracks. We won't kick you out of the forum if you go this way so the choice is yours.

I'm not so sure I would call the Roland supplied cables "quality cables". Perhaps things have changed since I got my kit a few years ago........ NOT! Actually, I don't get any noticable noise from the Roland cables. You should be able to get these from any music store, including a Radio Shack. CableUp, a Tascam company, Hosa, Rapco, are some brands. Keep them as short as possible to maintain a clean signal.

You can get the Roland 15' cables (PCS15F) from Music123 for $13.99, 10' (PCS10F) for $9.99.

I'm sure you can get them from Roland direct too.

I believe the proper way to refer to recovering shells is to "warp" them. You can refer to some recent threads for that.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Re: Re: Black rims and stereo cables...where?

Originally posted by Boingo

I believe the proper way to refer to recovering shells is to "warp" them. You can refer to some recent threads for that.
      AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGH!
      -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I'm wondering where you can buy good y-cables, in order to use for example two kd-80 on input 1/2 at your TD8?? The cables should have the "L" shaped plug on one end an the two mono-ends should be "long" enough to connect two kd-80 that dont stand side by side...
        Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Comment

Hosea makes the V-Drum cables and also the PM-3 speaker cables for Roland. Hosea also has a nice selection of other cables including Y's.

Comment

Thanks cliff. I never heard the brand name "hosea" before...
            and i can't find it in a typical german music store (like www.musik-produktiv.de). Do you know a link where I can get further information?

Comment

hosa
              Attached Files
              -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Originally posted by GRRAVEE
                hosa
                Oh yea?????? Who you callin a hosa? Yo momma's a hosa.
                Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Working...
                X