Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

50 x 50 Avatars?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 50 x 50 Avatars?

    Every avatar (jpeg, gif,etc.) I've tried is too large. Where is everyone getting all those images? thnx,

    ----
    -~

  • #2
    Re: 50 x 50 Avatars?

    Originally posted by Marc.
    Every avatar (jpeg, gif,etc.) I've tried is too large. Where is everyone getting all those images? thnx,

    ----
    -~
    I used a regular photograph (jpg) and resized it using Photoshop.

    If you do not have Photoshop, send me the jpg and I will resize it to 50X50 for you.

    Good luck.
    Kelly Mercer
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Canada

    My Youtube Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/VirtualMP3Studio

    My "home studio" webcam!
    http://virtualmp3studio.ww.com/

    Comment


    • #3
      you can resize in windows paint or imaging!!! download paint shop pro for free. www.jasc.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by animal
        you can resize in windows paint or imaging!!! download paint shop pro for free. www.jasc.com
        I have been using Paint Shop Pro for several years. It comes with Animation Shop. It costs a lot less than PhotoShop and, from what I understand, it does a substantial number of the same things. There is a 30 day trial on the download but it is fully functional. You can resize an animation using Animation shop. You can resize single frame pics using PSP.

        I highly recommend it. Heck, I even went as far as buying version 5 and upgrading to v6 and v7 - it's actually that good. Great for touching up scanned and digital camera pics. The ladies really appreciate it when you remove their zits and other imperfections.

        Someone recently recommended http://www.gimp.org/ for resizing. It is supposed to be freeware. Looks like it might be worth checking out.
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

        Comment


        • #5
          WooHoo!

          OK! - Pleez x-kuze this ol' geezer, butt it takes me a little longer to catch on. My machine came pre-loaded w/PhotoShop and with a 'never-say-die' fumblin' around 'tude I found the right pull-down. Thnx for the help all.

          ----
          -~

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Boingo



            Someone recently recommended http://www.gimp.org/ for resizing. It is supposed to be freeware. Looks like it might be worth checking out.
            That was me. The GIMP rocks! One of the best supported programs out there and works as well (or better) than Photoshop. You can also use Irfanview http://www.irfanview.com It's an excellent light weight image/sound/video viewer with editing capabilities. If you want a great word processor, try Programmers File Editor http://www.winsite.com/info/pc/win95/misc/pfe101i
            As you can see, I try to use as many quality non-M$ programs as I can.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rythmstik


              That was me. The GIMP rocks! One of the best supported programs out there and works as well (or better) than Photoshop.
              I was looking at their site and noticed there is a version for Windows. Does that mean their "stable" version needs a unix platform to run? The Windows version talks about bugs and crashes. Do you run this version and, if so, is it stable. I'd recommend it to friends with a little reassurance it's not going to become a headache. Since I have PSP, I don't see any need to install it.
              Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

              Comment


              • #8
                Testing Avatar

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Boingo


                  I was looking at their site and noticed there is a version for Windows. Does that mean their "stable" version needs a unix platform to run? The Windows version talks about bugs and crashes. Do you run this version and, if so, is it stable. I'd recommend it to friends with a little reassurance it's not going to become a headache. Since I have PSP, I don't see any need to install it.
                  The lack of stability is more a reference to the OS (MSWindoze) than the application. The UNIX version would, by definition, be more stable than the M$ compatible version, as UNIX is inherently more stable. The software is good, though, I've used it on my Windoze box for quite a long time, and it works great. Probably a lot depends on the state of your M$ software, the hardware you have, etc...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ranman
                    Rats. It doesn't seem to like my NT box. Such is the life of a Ranman.
                    Switch to LINUX!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X