Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Neil Peart Uses Roland V's Live!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Peart Uses Roland V's Live!!!

nice to see our gear in action........http://www.rushstop.com/ you'll see link for tour photos.you'll then see the pd 120's and such.they are painted to match the kit............
    -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

That's so awesome!!

Spoiler - Set List Reference below! (Scroll really fast if you don't want to see it)

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Too bad there aren't any pictures during Red Sector A or his drum solo when his kit is turned around
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

And I can't believe he's using the V-Cymbals too. I wonder what he's using for a module, if he's still using a sampler.

And can someone verify for me that there are two pads directly behind him? He used to have three, but maybe he's just downsizing. I can't wait for the 15th!!!
    substrike.com for a better tomorrow - today!
    My Drums
    Tama Rockstar Acoustics, Zildjian and Wuhan Cymbals, Roland SPD-20, Roland PM-16, Akai S2000 w/Iomega 250 SCSI Zip, 2 Pintech Silentech Pads (one single zone, one dual zone), Kat F.A.T. Pedal, Pintech K3, Simmons pads.

Comment

Here ya go, pictures of his back kit are in the second row, starting third from the left.

http://www.rushchronicles.com/concert/nocturne.htm

From what I see, he has seven PD120's (snare and six toms) a KD120, four V-Cymbals (two high above pads two under pads) and I'm assuming the V-Cymbal hi-hats as well.
      My Drums
      Tama Rockstar Acoustics, Zildjian and Wuhan Cymbals, Roland SPD-20, Roland PM-16, Akai S2000 w/Iomega 250 SCSI Zip, 2 Pintech Silentech Pads (one single zone, one dual zone), Kat F.A.T. Pedal, Pintech K3, Simmons pads.

Comment

believe it or not a concert goer swore he heard the familiar sound of a td-10.we're all famous now.heheh
        -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

I gotta get me one of these so-called "V-Drum Kits."
          My Drums

Comment

that is really kool!!!
            -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

Comment

Thanks for the pics, fellas. It is indeed cool to see Neil playing V-drums and finally catching up with the rest of us.

What's really funny now is that post I had *****ing about the rumor going around at one time that Neil was going to completely drop the electronics. Well, it seems he exceeded my expectations and then some--he went totally electronic on the back kit! Yahoo! I'm stoked for August 2nd in St. Louis!

I second what KuzinRob said: I'd be awfully curious to know whether he's using a TD-10, a sampler, or a TD-10 and a sampler. Paging Mr. Wheaton.......

It's also cool that he kept the same red sparkle finish that his kit had on the last tour. Why? Because red kits rule!

Um, did I happen to mention that I have a red sparkle kit also?
              TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

And, correct me if I'm wrong, two v-cymbals!
                DIY!!! www.mosphat.com/drumcas

Comment

i'm going to write him and shamelessly ask him for his kd-120.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GRRAVEE
                    i'm going to write him and shamelessly ask him for his kd-120.
                    It looks like he's using that too.....so I wouldn't hope too much
                    DIY!!! www.mosphat.com/drumcas

Comment

Ill be seeing neil on the 15th at jones beach. Ill keep my ears open for any td-10 type sounds.
                      -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

Comment

Originally posted by drumlogic
                        Ill be seeing neil on the 15th at jones beach. Ill keep my ears open for any td-10 type sounds.
                        See you there! Where are your seats?
                        My Drums

Comment

Courtesy of "God of Balance" on the Tri-Net (Rush) message board, here is a scaled down scan of one of Neil's pictures in the new tour book. E-Mail me if you want the full 1024x768 scan! [email protected]

My Drums

Comment

*****in!! Thanks, KuzinRob!

"You're the man now, dog!".....

Cheers,

Mick
                            TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

(Before reading Ranman's comments...)

And he's still using a single Dauz pad I see.

(after reading Ranman's comments...)

whoops, might be a PD7, but I remember him using a Dauz last tour.
                              Last edited by KuzinRob; 07-08-02, 12:55 PM.
                              My Drums

Comment

Working...
                              X