Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you're a fan of Vinnie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're a fan of Vinnie...

There was a post a while back singing the praises of Vinnie Colaiuta. If you are a fan of Vinnie from his Zappa days--odd note groupings and such--then definitely check out Jojo Mayer on The Screaming Headless Torsos 1995 release.

I realize that this recording is several years old--hey, I'm kind of slow. I bought it a few months ago and have been listening to it practically non-stop ever since. Every track is amazing. Cool tunes, (mostly) cool lyrics, amazing drumming.

Warning: It's not for the faint-hearted. The music varies from funk to jazz to reggae to heavy metal (complete with cookie monster vocals) often all in the same track! Sort of Living Colour meets Frank Zappa to discuss Charlie Parker, Bob Marley and Don Ellis...
    Check out my music: http://www.myspace.com/kellypaletta

just picked up some vinnie w/ zappa ( beat the boots) don ellis was very cool, odd time big band and a ex zappa drummer as well.

Comment

Working...
    X