Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

This forum is sometimes SLOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This forum is sometimes SLOW!

I've noticed that like many of the more complicated forums, this one has a tendency to be really slow at times. I have an otherwise really fast DSL connection, but sometimes I can wait over two minutes until images are loaded etc. That is annoying, to say the least.

If you want to post a reply to long threads ... waiting time until the page is loaded, etc.

If you just want to drop by for a sec, that is a waste of time!

I'm continuously online, so I don't give a hoot, but for others this may be extremely frustrating if they don't have enought time.

Provider's or program's fault?
    My equipment:
    :: (Expanded, TDW-1 with V-Cymbal Control)
    :: 2x CY-15R, 1x CY12H, 2 CY12R/C
    :: 1x Pad-120, 8x Pad-80R, 6x PD-7, 1x PD-9, 1x KD-120
    :: 1x FD-7
    :: 1x Roland MDS-10, 6x Sonor Delite double cymbal stands
    :: 1x DW 5000 Pedal
    :: 1x Mackie 1202 VLZ
    :: 1x NAD C521 CD-Player

To be expanded soon ...

Re: This forum is sometimes SLOW!

Originally posted by deus62
    I've noticed that like many of the more complicated forums, this one has a tendency to be really slow at times. I have an otherwise really fast DSL connection, but sometimes I can wait over two minutes until images are loaded etc. That is annoying, to say the least.

If you want to post a reply to long threads ... waiting time until the page is loaded, etc.

If you just want to drop by for a sec, that is a waste of time!

I'm continuously online, so I don't give a hoot, but for others this may be extremely frustrating if they don't have enought time.

Provider's or program's fault?
    I have a cable connection. I have found it to be pretty fast 98% of the time. I also saw an increase in speed with the new format. Possibly it's the provider.

When I do find it slow, it seems to be when I reply to a post. Sometimes it hangs for 20-30 seconds. Not long enough to be anything more than a nuisance.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

I'm from the old school (use it until it dies), so my PC is really old (drives my kids crazy). However, this forum is one of the faster internet sites that I access daily. Maybe its because I cashed in and opted for the Premium VDrums.com Upgrade Package which includes ddrums.com for only a few more cents a day extra.
      Driving a great song is better than driving a great car!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/landin82/

Comment

I have dial up (and the basic VDrums forum package ) and I can't complain. This forum is faster than most sites I visit.

Comment

Working...
        X