Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

quick TDW-1 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick TDW-1 Question

Im wondering if I buy/install the Expansion Card, whether it will mess with my current settings's (as in do more than add, but modify) and if so what. I want to know if I should write down any settings, or plan on having any of my sequences messed with. Will my trigger settings be changed? thanks in advance.

-Jarek Poloney

Re: quick TDW-1 Question

Originally posted by lethic
    Im wondering if I buy/install the Expansion Card, whether it will mess with my current settings's (as in do more than add, but modify) and if so what. I want to know if I should write down any settings, or plan on having any of my sequences messed with. Will my trigger settings be changed? thanks in advance.

-Jarek Poloney
    Overall your settings will remain as is. There are a few settings which are different. I don't recall hearing any difference after the conversion. The changes you hear in tweaking are certainly more dramatic. The pattern change has annoyed some people. If you would want to write down anything, I'd think it would be trigger settings. Here's some stuff from the manual.

The compressor can now be applied more strongly, and
    the settings now have different strengths (p. 16). [The seetings remain the same but now your compressor actually works.]

A Trigger parameter has been added, and the effect of
    the values has been modified (p, 11).

The new version detects very minute signals more accurately
    than the previous version.
    Sensitivity and Threshold resolution have been expanded
    from 16 steps to 32 steps. Sensitivity 3 in a non-expanded TD-
    10 is equivalent to Sensitivity 6 in the expanded version.

Percussion group 1 is changed
    New percussion instruments are assigned (p. 25).

Some of the preset patterns have been replaced (p. 25). In
    some cases, this will affect the settings of pad patterns
    specified for a drum kit.

When data of a non-expanded TD-10 is received, the
    compressor settings will be ignored, and the factory
    default values will be set. Trigger parameter settings will
    be ignored.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

It will wipe out all your settings. As it re-intilizes your TD-10. Anything you have that you want to keep either write down or save to the memory card. All the factory kits will be there but any custom kits will be wiped out. There are a couple of sequences that get replaced also. I believe that any user sequences would be wiped out also. If you are just going from the TDW-1 to a TDW-1 with cymbal control your setting don't get wiped out because it is the same expansion board.
      Ted H.

Comment

Re: Re: quick TDW-1 Question

I just bought a used td-10 expanded (it's being shipped today)but I don't know if it's the v1 or v2. When you boot up will it say? Also I understand that I can send it to Roland for the free upgrade, has anybody done this and how long did it take? Thanks

Originally posted by Boingo

Overall your settings will remain as is. There are a few settings which are different. I don't recall hearing any difference after the conversion. The changes you hear in tweaking are certainly more dramatic. The pattern change has annoyed some people. If you would want to write down anything, I'd think it would be trigger settings. Here's some stuff from the manual.

The compressor can now be applied more strongly, and
        the settings now have different strengths (p. 16). [The seetings remain the same but now your compressor actually works.]

A Trigger parameter has been added, and the effect of
        the values has been modified (p, 11).

The new version detects very minute signals more accurately
        than the previous version.
        Sensitivity and Threshold resolution have been expanded
        from 16 steps to 32 steps. Sensitivity 3 in a non-expanded TD-
        10 is equivalent to Sensitivity 6 in the expanded version.

Percussion group 1 is changed
        New percussion instruments are assigned (p. 25).

Some of the preset patterns have been replaced (p. 25). In
        some cases, this will affect the settings of pad patterns
        specified for a drum kit.

When data of a non-expanded TD-10 is received, the
        compressor settings will be ignored, and the factory
        default values will be set. Trigger parameter settings will
        be ignored.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: quick TDW-1 Question

Originally posted by mfmia
          I just bought a used td-10 expanded (it's being shipped today)but I don't know if it's the v1 or v2. When you boot up will it say? Also I understand that I can send it to Roland for the free upgrade, has anybody done this and how long did it take? Thanks
          It will be obvious when it boots up.

How long depends on current backlog at Roland. Some have had it done in a week, others 2 weeks, some longer. You should call them.
          Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stixx777
            It will wipe out all your settings. As it re-intilizes your TD-10. Anything you have that you want to keep either write down or save to the memory card. All the factory kits will be there but any custom kits will be wiped out. There are a couple of sequences that get replaced also. I believe that any user sequences would be wiped out also. If you are just going from the TDW-1 to a TDW-1 with cymbal control your setting don't get wiped out because it is the same expansion board.
            Man! that went right by me . I missed the most important part. For some reason I was thinking of settings and not including kits. I should not respond early in the morning BC (before coffee).

Somehow I think we will soon be seeing the classic post, "can I get back my original 50 kits?".

Comment

You can send it back to Roland and turn it around in about a week if you pay some extra cash. I sent mine out UPS RED(next day) and paid Roland to send it back the same way. They say they can upgrade it within 48 hours of receiving it. Call Roland first though to get an RA # and they should tell you about the over night shipping for a small fee( a lot less then I paid to send it that way.) When you fire up the TD-10 it will have a V-Cymbal control splash while it is intilizing that is how you will know what version you have. Remember that while the TDW-1 is away no one can play the TD-10.
              Ted H.

Comment

Re: quick TDW-1 Question

Originally posted by lethic

-Jarek Poloney
                here's the tdw-1 manual - look it over before you buy it.

TDW-1 MANUAL

sorry - needed the web space
                see Cyberjam's web site to download
                Last edited by Boingo; 09-19-02, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who replied, I really appreciate it
                  -Jarek

Comment

Working...
                  X