Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Vclub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vclub

I went into Guitar Center the other day and the sales person told me the Vclub wasnt worth the money and I should go with the Vsession. I understand he wanted to sell the more expensive unit, which was much more impressive, but is the Vclum a good set to start with? The pads are allot smaller and dont have the same feel of the Vsession, but they also were much cheaper. I was impressed with the Vsession, but it is out of my price range right now. I would like to get started with and electronic drum set being I live in an apartment.

Get the V-Club. It rocks!

Do a search on V-Club and/TD6 on this site and you'll find all you need to know.

Comment

You want a set thats affordable and easily upgradable.................V-Customs are the way to go....IMO

Comment

If the guy at Guitar Center told you the V-Club wasn't worth the money, he doesn't know what he's talking about, and you need to go somewhere else. If your choice is between a Vsession and a V-Club, and your limitation is money, get the V-Club. If you shop around, you can get it for just a little over 1000 dollars and you can not beat the features for the price, period. You can easily expand it, later. Like I said, do a search, and I think all your questions will be answered.

Comment

Thanks. That leads me to another question. Could I buy the Vsession pads, and use them with the Vclub module? The guys at Sam Ash and Guitar Center werent sure. I really like the feel of the more expensive pads of the vsession vs the rubber pads of the vclub. I'm sure I would get used to the Vclub pads though if I had too. thanks

Comment

Mmm....if you really like the Session pads a LOT more than the Club pads, seems like at that point you need to try and get a Guitar Center Card or some other financial assist and just go for it on the Sessions.

Either that, or hook up with our man Ed Morin at drumbalaya.com to get you set up with a mix and match kit.
            Dan's Music Site; melodic, ethereal rock and more! Please have a listen :^)

Comment

Actually, most of our stores are run by musicians, but Sam Ash over the years has gone down hill, especially in the drum department. What creates such a huge gap in price if I could then use the Vsession pads with the Vclum module? I makes no sense to me to buy a $4,500 set when I could buy the club for $1200 and use the Vsession heads......
              If the modules make the price that much different, its not worth it to me. I only need a few sounds etc......nothing fancy.

Comment

A big part of what makes the Sessions expensive is the pads. If you're talking about a kit made up of a TD6 (Club module) with, say, at least four Session pads (PD10s and PD120s), just for that you are at about two grand at least, plus you'll need cymbals, maybe an additional tom pad, a rack, and make a decision on the hi hat and controller.

It's true, though; a TD6 is MUCH cheaper than a TD10 and will save you hundreds of dollars.

Again, just figure out exactly what you need and see if a dealer can put together a custom package that will suit your needs and hopefully something you can afford. You can always start with less pads and just expand as you can afford...getting exactly the equipment you want every step of the way!
                Dan's Music Site; melodic, ethereal rock and more! Please have a listen :^)

Comment

Originally posted by mbrg
                  Thanks. That leads me to another question. Could I buy the Vsession pads, and use them with the Vclub module? The guys at Sam Ash and Guitar Center werent sure.
                  Your profile doesn't give a location, but I'd like to know, just so I can avoid shopping for any gear, at those shops! Harlock's right - those guys should be slinging fast food.

Comment

The stores I am refering to are in NJ. Sam Ash was very helpfull. Guitar Center didnt know about the compatibility issues. Vclub looks like the way to go for me. I used to play on a accoustic set a few years ago. I played for a year. I'm looking forward getting back into it again. Hopefully they perform well and I can progress on them.

Comment

I would definetly go with the V-Club.....I have had a number of different sets, and for the money, this is by far the best out there..

I really depends on what you use it for....recording??? live playing??? home practice??

I find its best application is home practice and and midi recording via an hard disk recording set up with software sequencer.....I haven't used it live, however.....

I'm starting to see a whole lot of high end sets on EBay, in the classifieds, on Harmony-Central .....people who have spent thousands and now are dumping them.....I'm assuming it has a lot to do with gear lust and wanting something cool and being willing to pay any price for it, then realizing a few months down the road that your money could have been spent better elsewhere as soon as the gear buzz wears off....

the Sam ash stores (at least in my area, Chicago, USA) are gaining a reputation as having very unknowledgeable salespeople.....Guitar Center is now following closely behind....these forums have much more information available to you if you listen to the right people......I once asked the HEAD of the drum department in a local GCenter what the difference was between a DM PRO and a TD-8, and he looked at me like I was from Mars....

Comment

Originally posted by captain54
                        I would definetly go with the V-Club.....I have had a number of different sets, and for the money, this is by far the best out there..

I really depends on what you use it for....recording??? live playing??? home practice??

I find its best application is home practice and and midi recording via an hard disk recording set up with software sequencer.....I haven't used it live, however.....

I've played the V-Clubs live over a dozen times, now. They work great! I've used them in a good sized club with it's own sound system, indoors in a largish hall (250-300 people) with the bands Peavey PA and monitors, outdoors a couple of times and in some small bars. They're easy to lug around, easy to set up/tear down, easy to integrate into the PA, and they sound great! I'm going to a jam session this afternoon with the Vs and I'm looking forward to playing some different music with different folks using them. CAP54 is right about them being great for practicing, and my band is just starting to work on a new CD, which we will do direct to digital (Cool Edit Pro) and we're using the Vs for that as well. The smallish pads are a limitation for some, but I don't have a problem with them. You can always upgrade to mesh, later. I'm just real happy with the Vs and I think anyone would be.

Comment

Originally posted by mbrg
                          Actually, most of our stores are run by musicians, but Sam Ash over the years has gone down hill, especially in the drum department.
                          Whole heartedly agree. I wouldn't buy anything from Sam Ash again if my life depended on it!!!
                          td-6, pro-mark, remo, sabian, dw, tama rockstar.

Comment

Working...
                          X