Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Will you be there for me lads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you be there for me lads?

Hi guys,

My nerves are aflutter... I am moving next week and once I am settled in, VDRUM TIME!

I went to Mars yesterday (the music chain) and played the V-club and the V-session (to get used to the PD-120) and was pleased with the CY-6 feel. I was playing this time and paying attention to feel rather than sound. I do think I would like mesh better for the toms, but can live with the PD-6s. I actually think upgrading the snare and BD (I am not so sure about the KD-7) would be my best opening moves.

So, in about 10-14 days time I will be hitting you all up for some last-minute (possibly panicky) advice. I am so close to having my v-drums I can almost feel them now.

Cheerio,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

we were all in that position once. The choices you have to make are difficult. I don't know what your budget is like, but here's my advice:

Do go for both the pad 120 (snare) and a mesh head bass pad ... both are the "heart" of your kit and will make you very happy. The rest you can update/expand later (one ride cymbal, one hi-hat pad is the way I would go). I used to have the old TD-7 with the reverse-beater KD-7 and was not happy at all. You can get them to work pretty well, but they will never feel like the new pads (just my 2c worth).

When you have the set and have set it up, do like me and sit behind it and enjoy the view for 30 minutes or an hour (my mother always tells me that she did the same kind of thing with the first washing machine she bought ...). Savour the moment.

Only then turn the module on and whack away.

Best,

deus62
    My equipment:
    :: (Expanded, TDW-1 with V-Cymbal Control)
    :: 2x CY-15R, 1x CY12H, 2 CY12R/C
    :: 1x Pad-120, 8x Pad-80R, 6x PD-7, 1x PD-9, 1x KD-120
    :: 1x FD-7
    :: 1x Roland MDS-10, 6x Sonor Delite double cymbal stands
    :: 1x DW 5000 Pedal
    :: 1x Mackie 1202 VLZ
    :: 1x NAD C521 CD-Player

To be expanded soon ...

Comment

good luck with the noew drums, Ill keep an eye out for you.
      -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

Comment

I don't have any problems with the KD7, but upgrading the snare is something I intend to do with mine, when I can decide what kind I want.
        I said it before, and I'll say it again -
        You are going to have so much fun!
        Antici............................................ ..........................pation!

Comment

Thanks guys,

I'll be calling on you.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
          X