Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

John Entwhistle, dead at 57.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Entwhistle, dead at 57.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/773340.asp?0cm=c10

John died in Las Vegas of a heart attack.

I'm sorry...I know this is a drumming forum, but my main instrument is the bass, and I just wanted to share the news with my friends here.

John, you will be sorely missed. My condolences to John's family, friends, the members of The Who, and all of John's many fans.

Dan's Music Site; melodic, ethereal rock and more! Please have a listen :^)

Horrible news. Nothing more to say.
    Check out my music: http://www.myspace.com/kellypaletta

Comment

Damn shame. Aside from his obvious great work with The Who, I really liked his solo stuff. I remember covering some stuff from his Too Late The Hero album when I was playing in a band in Japan, back in the 80s. That was good stuff. What a loss.

Comment

I called my bass player a while ago to break the news...very sad...I heard the tour was actually to start in Las Vegas tomorrow.
        E-drums: TD-20, RT-5S triggers on snare/toms, KD-7s, VH12, CY-14Cs, CY-15R, Pintech splash.
        A-drums: Zickos (amber) w/ all Zildjians.

Comment

FVCK. This is terrible, terrible news.
          -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Sad, sad, sad news.
            The Who is The favourite group for me and I still listen to Who's Next on a weekly basis.

John, werever you are keep rockin'!

Pierre.

Comment

Again.... sad news, and a blow to all Who fans looking forward to the tour. John was a great and distinctive player. He will be missed. It's a reminder.... all us old rockers are getting there!

Comment

And then there were two.........

Really sad isn't it?

Funny, I just did a fill in gig a couple weeks ago and it was a blues gig with 2 guitarists and bass and I was complaining that the bass player sounded like John.

I feel like a heel now but it was because he was too busy while the other guys were wanking all night and I could have used Duck Dunn instead, know what I mean?

Anyway, I am going to listen to some who tonight and reflect on my youth.

Peace my brothers.
                Jeff
                The original Gig Pig.

Comment

lately ive been listening to the who sell out, a classic.

Comment

Can you see the real me?? Can you?? Can you??

Now imagine hearing that without John's thunder behind it.
                    Truly a sad day.

Comment

Damn!

I'm reminded of the 1st time the Anaheim Stadium (CA-USA) began to allow rock concerts. A week later the papers reported mary-jane growing on the field. What a day that was. OMG! That was over 30 years ago!!!!

R.I.P. John

Comment

My mate Pete Zed, who was a great friend of John Entwhistle died a couple of years ago. Pete owned the local gig place - The Blues Tavern in Farnham, Surrey.

The greatest memory that Pete ever gave me was the memory of me playing alongside John Entwhistle at a jam night, it was magic.

The greatest three songs of my life

May they both RIP
                        Last edited by Daveb; 06-29-02, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Very sad, very sad. In addition to his playing I love the video of him using some of his gold albums for skeet shooting with a tommy gun. "The Best" concert he did in Japan with Keith Emerson, Simon Phillips, Joe Walsh, and Skunk Baxter was also a musical highlight for me. To hear his playing on familiar tunes by other artists was a revelation. RIP Thunderfingers.

Comment

Looks like session musician Pino Palladino will be playing bass on the tour. Just curious - anyone know who will be playing drums? Does Simon Philips still tour with The Who?
                            E-drums: TD-20, RT-5S triggers on snare/toms, KD-7s, VH12, CY-14Cs, CY-15R, Pintech splash.
                            A-drums: Zickos (amber) w/ all Zildjians.

Comment

Zach Starkey was with them last I saw.
                              Ringo's son.
                              Great player.
                              The original Gig Pig.

Comment

Working...
                              X