Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New TD-9 Owner - Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TD-9 Owner - Help please

Hi all,

the name is Lee and I live in the UK. Just started to have drum lessons (on my 4th) and am very much enjoying it. Today I bought the TD-9 kit and have it installed and working. I am very pleased with it.

I also bought the Roland PM-10 but was dissapointed that it did not come with the leads to connect it to my brain. Will have to get that tomorrow.

My question is, what else do I need to get.

I have an Iphone and a Macbook pro, so on the software front i ws thinking Logic Studio?

What about connecting my laptop to the TD-9? What leads do I need?

Also the iPhone what leads do i need to connect this? I assume a stereo jack, can i also use songs directly from my MAC as well using the same lead?

Anything else you guys and girls can think off ?

Thanks so much in advance.
    Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Hi Lee and welcome here!

You want to connect the Roland PM-10 to your brain? Hmmm, I never thought about trying that; I doubt if any meaningfull sound would come out .

Hey, just kidding!

About your question: what do you want to do? Record your playing on your Macbook? Record only sound or MIDI (so you can tweak your recording or use different kits later)? Or play music files on your Macbook using the TD-9's sounds (using MIDI)? Or mix the sound from the laptop with the TD-9?

I'm no Mac user and don't know if a Mac has standard MIDI support, but you just connect the MIDI IN/OUT connectors from the TD-9 to the MIDI OUT/IN connectors on the Mac or an appropiate interface.

You can use the second line input on the PM-10 to mix in the sound of the laptop or use the MIX IN jack on the TD-9. If you want to connect the TD-9 to both your PM-10 and your laptop, then you would need a splitter cable (or a mixer).

So it depends on what you want to do.

Comment

hello and welcome,

its nice to have another td-9er here!
      TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
      ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
      not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Hi Lee. Welcome to the forum mate.

I think you need to post this in technical where the brainy guys hangout.

Comment

Ok, thanks. I have another question coming up
          Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Working...
          X