Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wider please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wider please

Hello,

There are many things to like about the new style and look of the forum and a few things that could make it better:

* Wider subject column - The table cell where the subject of the post is placed is too narrow now and is crowding the subject and causing it to become too vertical - this looks messy.

* busy - this may be in the eye of the beholder, but the format of the forums now is very busy to the point where it causes clutter for the eye.

Just a few wee little things.

Jeff

The colors and icons give it a look I see on the sites my 12 yr old frequents, but I don't think that can be helped. They're probably using 16 colors to keep the overhead down and speed up. I think that accounts for the look - bright primary colors, no gradient coloring, etc. The click on icons and vB code boxes certainly are easier to use. Life is a series of trade off's I guess. The pro's far exceed the con's, I think.

One thing I do like about the width is that if someone posts a pic and it's wider than your screen, the next guys text post doesn't get spread out 2 feet to the right. I hated having to horizontally scroll through text.

All in all, I'd say we're getting our money's worth and that most everyone has been having a blast with the avatars and ease of using colored text, fonts, etc.

I say, good job Admin's.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Working...
    X