Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Long Does Warranty Work Usually Take Through Roland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long Does Warranty Work Usually Take Through Roland?

I sent my TD-9 Module to Roland last week and wanted to know how long warranty work usually takes? Will Roland contact me by phone or will they just ship the unit back to me when finished?

Anybody that's familiar with warranty work thanks for any info on the turn around time.

Too long. I've read tales of not hearing from them for almost a month to be told parts are on backorder. I would not wait to hear back - go ahead and take the initiative in hopes that it will get your unit back ASAP. You may be looking at a 45-90 day turnaround. Hopefully it will be faster.

Comment

They had to repair the power button on my hpd 10 and it took over a month for them just to order the part---two months to repair it...i regretted that i hadnt simply glued the thing back on....
      TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
      ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
      not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

If I would have known that I would have just lived with the problem also..

Comment

as a td 9 owner, I worriedly ask: what was wrong with the module?

and this is why i am hanging on to my old td6, so that i have a back up...

Comment

I have had 2 modules send back to Roland (TD-10's). Both back on my rack inside the week. Keep your chin up
            Cheers
            Paul

Comment

I had a faulty CY-8 and from the date I shipped it out, to the time it was back was a touch over 2 weeks. However, this was a simple replacement, no work involved. They also did not notify me when it shipped, but were helpful when I called to inquire the status.

Comment

Great News!

The Technician from Roland has traced my problem to the power supply

He has since been testing my TD-9 Module with a new power supply and said the problem does not exist anymore

He also told me the he updated the module from 1.8 to 1.10 per the newest update.

Then after talking with the technician a Roland customer service rep called me and said he will be shipping my TD-9 module back to me Thursday tomorrow morning. He said the shipping will take 4 business days to receive my module. Roland did not charge me for the shipping fee back to me

Both the Tech and the Customer service rep were very friendly and helpfull

Saku My TD-9 Module was cutting in and out briefly after I powered up the module. The tec has traced it to the factory power supply. I can't wait to get my baby back

Comment

now the question is, how can the rest of us upgrade the firmware??

Comment

I'm not sure but I guess the firmware will be available eventually on the Roland website?

Or is this not how they do it?

Comment

Hi

Thought I would give them (Roland UK) some good feedback!

I had a hi-hat problem a few weeks ago and called Roland UK (after trying everything, including asking one of the guys on here for some help).

I had 1 month left on my warranty and explained the situation that I had a gig the following week and was sweating! They asked me to send the the faulty hat back and within two days I received a brand new hat back!

So problem solved!

Comment

I used to work doing warranty repair work for Roland (17 years ago now) and generally found their spare parts division to be very fast with supplies. There was the occasional replacement part that had to be back ordered and when that happened, I'd have to try to explain the situation to frustrated customers who wanted their product back yesterday!!
                        Generally though, I aimed to have products returned to customers within a week whenever possible.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
                          ...I'd have to try to explain the situation to frustrated customers who wanted their product back yesterday!!
                          And I'm sure now you can fully appreciate how tough it would be to not have your gear for ANY amount of time!

Comment

Originally posted by Colquhoun View Post
                            And I'm sure now you can fully appreciate how tough it would be to not have your gear for ANY amount of time!
                            Absolutely!
                            Then again, 9 times out of 10, if something goes wrong, I can fix it myself

Comment

Working...
                            X