Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bruce Springsteen at Giant's Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce Springsteen at Giant's Stadium

I did not plan this, but this summer I am seeing more big venue concerts then ever before. I was invited to see Bruce and the E-Street band last night by Alcatel-Lucent. We do a lot of work with them, and I sat in thier corperate box (new for me as well). Anyway it was more for my wife than me, I am not a Bruce fan (or Max fan). The show was Ok for me. They are a great band and he does give it 110%. It was amazing to see that many people packed in the stadium (70K? the rear section behind the stage was closed off). I think I saw on the meadowlands web site that he has sold out Giant's Stadium more so than any other artist.

So the Police / Elvis Costello next week at Jones Beach and that about wraps it up for me!

Well there is Playhouse Disney in September at the Prudential center in Newark but I doubt it will make it in to a post! You know, for the kids (yes I am a huge fan!).

-V

Springsteen does put alot of energy into his concerts. Still plays a long concert too.
    Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

Yeah, 3 1/2 hours perhaps? With no break. Not bad for an old man!

Comment

I seen Springsteen in 03 at Giant stadium and it was a rocking show.
        Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

My drum kit

Comment

Hey V. Did they have the big tailgate pre show party? That was a great time in 03.

My drum kit

Comment

Well, I showed up at 5:30 and the parking lots were full of tailgate parties. It was funny. People were walking around with cases of beer and open beer bottles everywhere. Nothing formal but I was surprised. A buddy of mine got a tkt a few years ago at a Met game for having an open bottle of beer in the parking lot.

Comment

I think all band posts around here are supposed to be about Rush.

Bruce is OK - I can take him in doses. The River, Nebraska and Tunnel of Love are all good albums. The kinda Joisey Barroom stuff I can do without. You won't ever hear a tighter band, though.

The Police/Costello show should be way cool.

Cheers.

Steve
              No more V-drums; all acoustics now.

Comment

Yeah I don't know much about Costello. Still surprised that the Police have another act with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Relayer View Post
                  I think all band posts around here are supposed to be about Rush.

Bruce is OK - I can take him in doses. The River, Nebraska and Tunnel of Love are all good albums. The kinda Joisey Barroom stuff I can do without. You won't ever hear a tighter band, though.

The Police/Costello show should be way cool.

Cheers.

Steve
                  I saw bruce in a little club in NJ called the Stone Pony during the Born in the USA tour. I was standing right in front of the stage in arms reach of Bruce. The band rocked. Max did a drum solo at the end of the set. He is a great drummer.

Vinny

My drum kit

Comment

Working...
                  X