Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

another noob thread (semi-noob)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another noob thread (semi-noob)

okay, i've been reading a lot, learning about e-drum options, but i still have some questions - hoping you folks can assist

my setup: td-9k --> e-mu 0404 usb --> cubase sx3 (toontrack superior 2.0 on its way)

1. once i have the VSTi loaded, what are the best practices to reduce latency?
    (i know milliseconds are trivial but since i will be playing lots through speakers i wanna make it as efficient as possible)

2. i want to add a 6-pad multipad to trigger sounds from the VSTi - what's the best option here? i like the hart multipad but with no MIDI out that would mean more hardware right? im leaning toward my td-9 module and a multipad both connecting to that midiman merge thing and then --> e-mu audio interface.

right now i love the idea of these VST samplers so i'd rather buy software than another module

k...where have i gone wrong?
    Last edited by sacromonte_; 07-25-08, 06:40 AM.

Latency is determined by the buffer size in your sound card. Consult the emu manual for how to adjust the settings. 256 works best for me - YMMV.

The Alesis Control Pad is an alternative to the Hart Multipad. It connects via MIDI or USB.

• Alesis Control Pad

• Good luck.

Steve
No more V-drums; all acoustics now.

Comment

thanks Relayer

that control pad looks pretty awesome. and versatile.

if i connected that and my td-9 module to a midiman merge, would the pads of the drum kit be in sync with the pads of the control pad?
    (given that i'll be tweaking the sound card for latency)

Comment

Originally posted by sacromonte_ View Post
      ...if i connected that and my td-9 module to a midiman merge, would the pads of the drum kit be in sync with the pads of the control pad?
      Yes, but you don't need a MIDI merge to do this. You can daisy-chain the Alesis to the TD-9 module - Alesis MIDI OUT to the module's MIDI IN (which you won't need for VSTs) as long as you have SOFT THRU enabled. Or you can just connect it straight to the computer via USB. As long as it's all coming through the same sound card, everything should be in sync.

Cheers.

Steve
      No more V-drums; all acoustics now.

Comment

• Working...
        X