Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

td-12 info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• td-12 info needed

As some of you guys might know, I'm currently looking at the different options regarding the purchase of an electronic drum set. Tried 2 sets out and it was a lot of fun. the dtxtreme 3 and the td-12 are the ones I tried.
    Though, I know the td-12 has all its cable IN the rack. Are they easy to take out of the rack by opening the grey parts on the rack and pulling them or they're impossible to take out?

I'm asking that question because I want to mix my acoustic drum and an electronic drum together, but I'm sure of one thing... I don't want to buy new (good) cables for every of the triggers as the 2 kits won't be seperated (like neil peart) like 2 cymbals there, sanre and "floor" tom on left, third tom, second floor, etc...

thanks a bunch

- Gost
    Last edited by gostviper; 07-14-08, 04:37 AM.
    http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=SANY0907.jpg

It's not too difficult to remove the cables from a TD-12 rack, as a few users have done that to convert for left-handed use. But won't you ever be using the V-drums with that rack? It wouldn't really cost much to buy extra cables as they don't need to be great quality just for triggers: Hosa CSR-115 Stereo 1/4" Male to Right Angle Stereo 1/4" Male - 15 ft. $3.68

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by gostviper View Post
      As some of you guys might know, I'm currently looking at the different options regarding the buy of an electronic drum set. Tried 2 sets out and it was a lot of fun. the dtxtreme 3 and the td-12 are the ones I tried.
      Though, I know the td-12 has all its cable IN the rack. Are they easy to take out of the rack by opening the grey parts on the rack and pulling them or they're impossible to take out?

I'm asking that question because I want to mix my acoustic drum and an electronic drum together, but I'm sure of one thing... I don't want to buy new (good) cables for every of the triggers as the 2 kits won't be seperated (like neil peart) like 2 cymbals there, sanre and "floor" tom on left, third tom, second floor, etc...

thanks a bunch

- Gost
      if I were starting from Scratch....i would probably get a TD-9 or a TD-20 module with an Altenate Mode TrapKat.

I Like the FSR triggers better than Piezo Type Triggers, and one or two midi cables is a lot less hassle...IMHO
      Gmbydmit
      DW Acoustics,TD-20, SPD-S, DrumKat 3.8, DK10,etc,etc...

Comment

Any could give me instructions on how to get the cables out of the rack?
        http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=SANY0907.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X