Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics from RUSH concert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics from RUSH concert

Just some PICs from RUSH concert at SPAC in NY. I had incredible seats (as you see). Just some high lights. Neil played "The trees" all on V-drums (wander if he used a kit from the professor pack..LOL J/K) And I got his solo on Video will post later. People in front of me had chef's hats on and the bright white through my camera off and killed most of the PICS. :-(

Last edited by cstoliker; 07-11-08, 06:53 AM.
    TD-6v, (3x)CY-8, (4x)PD-8's (2x)PD-6's (1x)PD-80R (1)KD-8 http://www.cstoliker.com/Drums/

Those are great shots of the band. How did they sound? I haven't seen Rush in a long time. What's up with the white hats?

Vinny
    Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

The hats go along with the whole chicken rotisserie theme.. I guess..

The band would have sounded great but whoever did the sound dropped the ball....again. The mix was off. Was the same last time too but every concert before that in this amphitheater sounded amazing
      TD-6v, (3x)CY-8, (4x)PD-8's (2x)PD-6's (1x)PD-80R (1)KD-8 http://www.cstoliker.com/Drums/

Comment

Does Geddy server the chicken after the show? Heh? Wasn't it a clothes dryer last tour?

Great shots. Can't wait for the video.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vjboc View Post
          Those are great shots of the band. How did they sound? I haven't seen Rush in a long time. What's up with the white hats?

Vinny
          I thought the Vdrums sounded weak compared to the DW. When I saw them. I mentioned that in another thread. However! I heard a TD-6 that sounded pretty good through a Mackie system at a Canada day celebration.

Mike, yes they were dryers
          Tama Arstar TM6 Pro 2X PD85's

Comment

Awesome. I saw them last year at the PNC arts center in NJ (I think it has been renamed). Anyway that is a great venue and they sounded awesome. For Monday at Jones Beach I am sitting " a bit in the back".... I think the parking lot is closer to the stage.

I was dissapointed in Passage to Bangcock last year, he played it like the studio version and I wanted the Exit...Stage Left version, with all of the cowbells.

Comment

Originally posted by cstoliker View Post
              The band would have sounded great but whoever did the sound dropped the ball....again. The mix was off. Was the same last time too but every concert before that in this amphitheater sounded amazing
              The closer you get to the front of the stage the more the sound quality deminishes. You start getting some of the stage mix. That has been my experience in the past anyways. I been to a couple of concerts where I was seated near the sound board and the sound was great. But I would still take the front of the stage anyday (Especially a Rush concert)
              Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

im seeing rush on the 14th!!!!

Comment

Actually last time they toured was the chicken too. This years tour is a continuation of the last tour but still Snakes and Arrows. the tour before this R30 was the clothes dryer.
                  I agree about the v-drums. During the solo the v-kit did lack a little presents. However, when used for "The Trees" they sounded great.

Comment

Can't wait to see the video!

Comment

Originally posted by cstoliker View Post
                      Actually last time they toured was the chicken too. This years tour is a continuation of the last tour but still Snakes and Arrows. the tour before this R30 was the clothes dryer.
                      Actually... the three dryers were from the Vapor Trails tour, R30 had two dryers and a vending machine, the snakes and arrows part one and two had the henhouse hot and tastey bass amps.

Hen house.jpg
                      **New kit construction complete. Pangea is born**SPD-S, Malletkat Express w/ Kurzweil PC-2R, Mackie DFX-12 mixer and a pair JBL EON G2 15" amps with an Eon 518-S Sub.

11pc. Pearl kit with custom marble swirl finish, and Sabian Cymbals.

sigpic

Comment

or here if you cant read the text. click on the little picture to enlarge and see ow geddy gets his bass sound.

http://www.rushisaband.com/display.php?id=1493

How the heck do you get a picture to actually open in the message and not a little link???
                        **New kit construction complete. Pangea is born**SPD-S, Malletkat Express w/ Kurzweil PC-2R, Mackie DFX-12 mixer and a pair JBL EON G2 15" amps with an Eon 518-S Sub.

11pc. Pearl kit with custom marble swirl finish, and Sabian Cymbals.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lucastc View Post
                          How the heck do you get a picture to actually open in the message and not a little link???

Find the internet location of the picture you want to display. Wrap it with (IMG) AND (/IMG) but substitute [] for (). There is a picture icon tool that helps with this.

If you reply to this post by clicking on "Quote" you will see how the following picture is formatted.

Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

GREAT SHOTS !!! One of my favorite groups !!! Video soon please !!!
                            Eric G: Pearl,Paiste,Remo,Vic Firth,Gibraltar,Roc-n-Soc,Roland TD-6V, Lots of Vex and mesh all around.

Comment

Sorry, still working on the video. been real buissy. Will post soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X