Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E Drum Magazine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E Drum Magazine?

So does a magazine/publication dedicated to E Drumming exist? I have not found it if it does.

I have been thinking about this for a while now. I really wish that there was a mag devoted to all things edrumming. I've found myself pulling out old copies of Modern Drummer searching for nuggets of info. Maybe someone on here can give us some more info.
    Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

Check out these discussions a few months ago:

A magazine dedicated to Electronic Drums ?

Would you read a Vdrum e-zine

Bruce

Comment

Hi there,

I am working on a business case for an e-drum e-zine and have had some encouragement from members, but also some reality checks from some of our more experienced members.
        To work, the publication would have to be funded by advertisers, and clearly there is quite a small potential pool, some of which already spend a lot on existing media - others don't advertise at all.
        I have not yet given up on this and continue to talk to industry players, but it will probably take a trip to NAMM to clinch it.
        Stay tuned - and any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
        . digitalDrummer
        Review index

Comment

Thanks for the links BarT. I particuarly liked the suggestion that the magazine could start as a quarterly (or possibly even a bi-monthly) thus giving enough time for new products and subjects.

There are magazines out there now dedicated to nearly every nuance, craft, hobby, interest so I don't see why an upstart E Drumming mag. would do horribly.

I'd buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by allanjohn View Post
            Hi there,

I am working on a business case for an e-drum e-zine and have had some encouragement from members, but also some reality checks from some of our more experienced members.
            To work, the publication would have to be funded by advertisers, and clearly there is quite a small potential pool, some of which already spend a lot on existing media - others don't advertise at all.
            I have not yet given up on this and continue to talk to industry players, but it will probably take a trip to NAMM to clinch it.
            Stay tuned - and any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
            It would be nice if you could get funded by Roland , Hart Dynamics, Pintech, Yamaha and the others. I read that artical about roland and their $700 million in sales. So there is a demand for e-drumming. A mag would be awesome.
            Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

I subscribe to two drum magazines already and would rather see those magazines add more articles related to E-drums as opposed to buying yet a another magazine. Send E-mail to Modern Drummer and the likes asking for more articles about E-Drumming. If they get enough requests, I'm sure they'll add articles more frequently. I have seen a few in past issues.
              TD-20, SPD-S, TAMA '82 Superstars
              http://www.outawhack.net/drumming ___ http://www.zendaddyband.com ___ http://www.myspace.com/353238983

Comment

Originally posted by lopan View Post
                I subscribe to two drum magazines already and would rather see those magazines add more articles related to E-drums as opposed to buying yet a another magazine. Send E-mail to Modern Drummer and the likes asking for more articles about E-Drumming. If they get enough requests, I'm sure they'll add articles more frequently. I have seen a few in past issues.
                I agree. I don't think there is enough demand for a standalone e-drum magazine.

Comment

If they put the mag in sections just like other mags that would be awesome. I think they could pull it off. Have a send in letter section. Professionals that use E's whether it's one drum or a whole kit. Who uses triggers in concerts and studios. A DIY section .Good and bad stories of pro's on the road with E's. I would just like to hear from the pro's first hand. People that are on the road a hundred nights a year. And hear their stories. I think it is great hearing the stories from people here on vdrums. Even if it is one or two gigs.

Thanks Vdrums
                  Vinny
                  Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

Comment

I honestly think there's heaps of content. I currently edit a forklift newsletter and we churn out 52 newsletters a year, filled with stories.
                    The editorial side won't be problem at all and I'd already considered all of vjboc's suggestions plus heaps more! The challenge comes in making the project financially viable. To work, I'd plan on making it free to readers and subsidised by advertisers, but it's a tough market! Ask the Future Drum guys!
                    But if there's interest there, I may be able to get some of the suppliers excited. As I said, I'm planning a pilgrimage to NAMM, where I could test the idea with the major suppliers - but it's a costly fishing trip from Australia!
                    . digitalDrummer
                    Review index

Comment

Working...
                    X