Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Questions: Last Request and Funeral.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Questions: Last Request and Funeral.

These arent mine, they were in a metal magazine in sweden, but they are good questions, at least i think so.

You are to be executed for various reasons (it WAS a metal magazine, remember) that seemed logical at the time. You do get two last requests:

1) what is the last piece of music you want to hear

and

2) what piece do you want played at your funeral....

mine are 1) jeff Buckley's cover of Cohen's HALLELUJAH

and 2) Bach's St. Johannes Passio. Or maybe the other way around....I cant decide...but definitely those two....
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

I strongly doubt I would be thinking about music...

But probably Le Sacre du Printemps by Stravinsky would be the last,

and Amazing Grace would be played at my funeral
    Last edited by Canerican; 07-07-08, 04:03 PM.

Comment

AC/DC'S Long Way to the Top (if you want to rock and roll)

for both.

E
      - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Hmm...

1. A toss-up between Chopin's Nocturne Op. 9 No. 2:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvxS_bJ0yOU or Aqueos Transmission by Incubus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avN0FcbK_gc

You could put a bullet through my skull at the end of either one and I would die in bliss.

At my funeral?

How about "Get Over It" by the Eagles. Lyrics at http://www.lyrics007.com/Eagles%20Ly...%20Lyrics.html
        Pretty much sums up my world view!
        Id rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post
          ...You are to be executed for various reasons (it WAS a metal magazine, remember) that seemed logical at the time. You do get two last requests:

1) what is the last piece of music you want to hear

and

2) what piece do you want played at your funeral...
          Last piece of music:

- 5 Billion Bottles of Beer on the Wall

For my funeral:

Who cares? They'll still be busy singing the "Bottles" song long after I'm dead.
          Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...

Comment

Originally posted by Some Day Grey View Post
            Last piece of music:

- 5 Billion Bottles of Beer on the Wall

For my funeral:

Who cares? They'll still be busy singing the "Bottles" song long after I'm dead.
            LOL. I imagine if some of the singers would need to answer the same question before the song were finished.

Comment

Dvorak's New World Symphony:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ENf4...eature=related

Over the Rainbow by Eric Clapton:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-X_KQvSSB8
              >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

The same song, Big Girl's Don't Cry by Fergie http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...45779456262026 , is the last one I'd want to hear and I'd want played at my funeral.

But not anytime soon Ok?

Comment

1. Dead Man Walking...Judas Priest

2. God Gave Rock and Roll to You 2 -- KISS
                  TD-12; TD-6V; FD-8; Hart Pro Toms, Snare, Bass; ECII hihat, crashes, splash & ride; Smartrigger crashes & china; Hart Hammer Pad; Pintech Dingbat; Iron Cobra double-bass.

"I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

1 Third Eye- Tool

2 Staralfur - Sigur Ros

Comment

Last Request: For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)- AC/DC

Funeral: Dust In The Wind- Kansas

Comment

But probably Le Sacre du Printemps by Stravinsky would be the last
                        Yep, same for me - although maybe Vaughan Williams' "London" Symphony on second thoughts...if you don't know it, PLEASE give it a listen, or any of his other symphonies for that matter

For the funeral, the Durufle Requiem would be cool.

Comment

The first question is much too difficult to answer, unless what you really want to know the LAST thing I'd ever want to hear, as in really wouldn't want to hear it... and even that would be a difficult choice but would probably be some Rap joint...

I don't really care what happens to me after I'm gone, but a recent song I've always thought would be good funeral material is "Leave Out All the Rest" by Linkin Park.
                          Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

1 Lowell Fulson - Have You Changed Your Mind

2 Alice cooper - Go To Hell

Comment

I'm bumping this to 1) increase my post count and 2) to give any one else their chance to comment...so I'm morbid, ok!
                              TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                              ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                              not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Working...
                              X