Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland TMC-6 expander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland TMC-6 expander

http://www.roland.com/products/en/TMC-6/images.html#

approximate price tag?

thank!
    - Gost
    http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=SANY0907.jpg

You can get them new from RMCAudio for $279. I have seen them used for about $200.
    sigpic

Comment

alright, thanks.

one more question though... will the additional triggers plugged in that work with v-edit?

- Gost
      http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=SANY0907.jpg

Comment

Nope. Sorta. Heh.

You only get as many COSM sounds as you have pad inputs. So if you add up all the heads and rims and bells and bows and edges, that is your total. You get 128 sounds per percussion set on channel 11, but you can only adjust pitch and decay. That's great if you want cowbells and such.

One trick is to use the TMC-6 to trigger things like the Aux rims or kick rim. You can set those to any COSM voice you want.
        sigpic

Comment

The Raper (sp?) ckt seems to be a much cheaper alternitive, assuming you are willing to re-assign your rims to another pad. Right? I think this is just about a 1:1 replacement at a fraction of the cost.

Comment

You could use the Raper circuit, or the simpler splitter with a 100KOhm resistor. The Raper circuit is for piezo/switch inputs. The splitter for piezo/piezo inputs.

The drawback is that you cannot trigger the head and rim at the same time. Using MIDI you can.
            sigpic

Comment

I thought I had this figured out .... I have a TD12, and most inpits are piezo/piezo right? So I can trigger two seperate pads using those inputs if i give up the rim functionality? My splitters that I used for aux inputs on the TD6 do not work.

So what is the simple splitter? Is there a good link (well I could just search myself I guess).

Anyway thanks Michael for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by vdrummer20 View Post
                I thought I had this figured out .... I have a TD12, and most inpits are piezo/piezo right? So I can trigger two seperate pads using those inputs if i give up the rim functionality? My splitters that I used for aux inputs on the TD6 do not work.

So what is the simple splitter? Is there a good link (well I could just search myself I guess).
                Only simple if you're good at soldering: Splitter for Dual Piezo inputs AKA TD-12 or TD-20 Aux/Tom splitter Revisited

Bruce

Comment

Only simple if you're good at soldering
                  How do you measure this? I am running about a pound of solder used per electrical connection.

Thanks for the link.

Comment

I thought this was the Raper ckt. Ok I am back on track. Thanks again. I will pick up 5 LBs of soldering material for my first pad.

Comment

... or pay $18 including shipping and save on all that solder and cursing: Roland Head and Rim Splitters for Sale

Bruce

Comment

Wow those look sweet. I am going to give it a shot on my own first.

Thanks Bruce.

Comment

Working...
                        X