Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite part of the drumset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite part of the drumset?

My Favorite is the snare drum. I like all the dynamics you can get out of that drum. On my acoustic kit, I have a pearl 6.5 x 14 free float. I have had that snare since the early 90's. It is just a great sounding and playing snare. Watching the movie "Drumline" and seeing what those guys can do on snares just amazes me.

What is your favorite part of the drumset?

Vinny
    Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

I have to go for the small tom, as it usually begins the fill which forms the accents...
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

My throne. Can't imagine playing my kit for an hour without it.

Seriously though, I can't think of an favorite part. Each quality part, well tuned, is a blast to play. When I go to the guy were our fanfare bought its drumkit and I sit behind any kit he is selling, I 'm in heaven. They are all tuned so well. And my favorite is the one we bought, with the exeption that the one in his store is tuned super. And I can't get ours to the same tone

Stijn
      'lectric drumma
      Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

Edit:Edit:
        Last edited by CLK; 07-11-08, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 'lectric drumma View Post
          My throne. .......
          That's exactly what I was going to say!

Seriously, I can't think of a favourite component. I just love playing

Comment

well, somebody should mention the modules, with all their faults, they bring the possiblity of drumming to many who cant for various reasons (read: neighbours, family)

I love what we have, even if its not perfect!
            TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
            ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
            not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

I think my favorite part is the hihat.
              Ask not whether something is useful -- ask what it is useful for.

Roland TD-12, Iron Cobra hihat stand and bass-drum pedal from TAMA. My accoustic kit is a Yamaha Power-V Birch with Paiste Alpha-series splashes, crashes, and hihat. My ride is a Zildjan Ping Ride, 20" I think.

Check out my TD-12 on Youtube. My page is here http://www.youtube.com/HerlPearl.

Comment

At the moment using the splash and china cymbals for accents

Comment

OK you cant do much without a throne but apart from that, drums only considered, I cant split the snare and bass. The combination between the two is what its all about for me. Hearing a good snare / kick combination just hits me in the head.

Comment

More Cowbell!

Comment

My favorite part of the drums would have to be the sticks, because even if you're not at a set of drums, you can improvise!
                      Otherwise, I'd have to agree that it's difficult to choose a specific piece, but the Boom/Boom of the Bass drum always gets my foot tapping...

Comment

My favorite part of my kit is me! Without me, they just sit there collecting dust!

I have done some stand-up drumming, which I love. It's like dancing, but you get to make lots of noise!

Comment

Module/headphones & me.

Comment

My Hart Pro Snare...I love that thing!
                            Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
                            "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Me, the drummer!

Comment

Working...
                              X