Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 RUSH Tour questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 RUSH Tour questions

I have a couple of questions about the 2008 RUSH tour for anyone who has already been to a show. 1st I cannot seam to find a definitive set list, I know it is an extension of the last tour but I heard at least 8 songs were changed. Anyone know what they are playing?
    And 2nd, a question I run into every tour is of cameras. The amphitheater they play up here (S.P.A.C.) always says it is up to the performing artist preferences if cameras will be allowed or not. Last year I did not bring a camera for fear of getting it confiscated upon entry but found once I got in everyone around had cameras and I am not talking about cell phones so obviously they were allowed last year. I think tour before that did not allow them. Anyone know about this year?
    TD-6v, (3x)CY-8, (4x)PD-8's (2x)PD-6's (1x)PD-80R (1)KD-8 http://www.cstoliker.com/Drums/

One site to answer both questions:
    http://rushtour2008.blogspot.com/

The setlist is accurate. My son and I saw them last week at Red Rocks and there was a couple in front of us with a Canon S5-IS (wish I had brought mine for some memory pics). Apparently, as the site above shows, some people actually smuggled in video cameras. I doubt anyone is "allowed" to take cameras to a Rush concert.

It was a really good show - although I was amazed at how strong wind in an outdoor concert can swirl the sound around.

Enjoy!

Comment

I brought my Canon S400 to SPAC for last years show.

Some pics..

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. - Douglas Adams

Comment

That is funny ... small world. The guy I circled is my brother in law. ( I think) My wife and I were sitting 2 seats to the left of him. We had 2 rows in front of us before section 5 but those seats were vacant at the time of the picture. This year we are sitting about the same spot but 2 rows forward in row N. Just a walkway in front of us to sec 5. Finally will have some leg room.

Anyway, did you make any attempt at hiding the camera when you came in? Judging by the numbers of camera's present at the last show it would seam they were allowing them.

If you would not mind, send me the rest of the pictures you have of that show.
        TD-6v, (3x)CY-8, (4x)PD-8's (2x)PD-6's (1x)PD-80R (1)KD-8 http://www.cstoliker.com/Drums/

Comment

Originally posted by cstoliker View Post
          That is funny ... small world. The guy I circled is my brother in law. ( I think) My wife and I were sitting 2 seats to the left of him. We had 2 rows in front of us before section 5 but those seats were vacant at the time of the picture. This year we are sitting about the same spot but 2 rows forward in row N. Just a walkway in front of us to sec 5. Finally will have some leg room.

Anyway, did you make any attempt at hiding the camera when you came in? Judging by the numbers of camera's present at the last show it would seam they were allowing them.

If you would not mind, send me the rest of the pictures you have of that show.
          Definitely small world. During the show I checked out the upper tier to see how the seats were. If you can bag the front row (and maybe the second) you get an awesome view, and the full effect of the acoustics(and the seats are cheaper). For a small venue like SPAC definitely the way to go. I do pretty much the same at Madison Square Garden, and the Meadowlands Arena.

As for the camera I had mine in a small pouch attached to my belt. The security staff seemed more concerned with the usual stuff (guns, knives, drugs, and booze). Though I think if you tried to bring in a camcorder they would be less than pleased.

I only took about a dozen pics. Most were pretty poor but you're welcome to them. When I get a chance this weekend I'll zip them up, and send you a PM with the link.
          He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Cool thanks. SPAC is great. Cheap seats at SPAC (even lawn seats) are way better then the most expensive when they used to play PEPSI Arena. Last tour I was a little disappointed at the sound, it was definitely sub par for SPAC. Hopefully will be fixed for this tour. The only real trouble with SPAC is the very thing that makes it good. The size. It only seats about 5 of the 25,000 capacity in the actual amphitheater and most of the good seats to a RUSH concert at SPAC are just totally raped by the clear channel broadcasting station PYX 106.5 way before any pre sale or normal sale starts. Then you have sponsors who hand out tickets to there employees like candy. Almost everyone in section 1,5,4 & 40 won or were given there tickets and if asked could only name about 4 songs by the artist they are going to see.

It did not happen last tour but for the Vapor trails show, the (little known) bathroom entrance down below and to the side of where we were sitting. The room just above the entrance was where Neil's warm-up kit was. Me and about 20 other people stood outside and listened to Neil warming up before the show. Unfortunetly the blinds where down.

I just talked to someone who works for SPAC and will be working the show. He said audio recording devices are allowed. Cameras are not but it is only enforced at the gate. So if you manage to get one past the gate they will not likely cause any trouble once inside. I.E. Just hide it till you get in.lol
            Last edited by cstoliker; 07-04-08, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X