Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live video of me playing "The Grudge" by Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live video of me playing "The Grudge" by Tool

Hi again gang. Hope all are well and drumming!!! I thought it was high time I posted a video (never done it before so let's hope it worked!!) of my playing. This one was a while back with my old Tool tribute band "Aeon Blue". Hope you dig it, be patient because it builds towards the end. A couple of disclaimers-

1. I'm well aware that the first big double kick "spiral" is a bit sloppy, what can I say- you try doing it with no warm up Don't worry, I make up for it with the one at the end of the song.

2. I'm also also painfully aware of the change in tempo- as usual, blame the bass player!! Most Tool stuff revolves around getting the delay times just right, he has a tendency to go for the slow side of things- what can I say, I'm a drummer through and through.. my philosophy is FASTER, LOUDER, FASTER!!!

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoy playing it. Peace guys, here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuamsvTiP7g

Aaron
    "Today young men on acid realised that all matter is purely energy condensed to a slow vibration; That we are all of one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively; There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves.. Here's Tom with the weather"...

TD-20 + TMC-6 + VF-1 + Gen16's = Not enough inputs.
    Watch me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLqt6zaAYkY

Sounds great!!! Any more vids?
    Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

Rock

Awesome, have you got any photos of your set up?
      TD6 Kit (older model), PD80, CY14, CY15 CH12 2 X CY8 and not enough inputs plus my self made snare and extra kick drum.

Comment

Originally posted by PumaPhreak View Post
        Sounds great!!! Any more vids?
        Cheers dude!! I'll have a hunt around, I'm sure I've got the rest of that show somewhere, there's a whole heap more- we used to play for a good 2-3 hours back when I was in shape. As soon as I get my stupid video camera fixed I'll post a solo or at least something other than a Tool cover
        Originally posted by pjdkryan View Post
        Awesome, have you got any photos of your set up?
        Yeah man, there's some pics of my current setup here: http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthre...ighlight=setup
        Back in my Tool band days it was slightly different, it's grown since then
        "Today young men on acid realised that all matter is purely energy condensed to a slow vibration; That we are all of one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively; There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves.. Here's Tom with the weather"...

Comment

Very cool, thanks for posting!

Comment

Thanks for posting. I love Tool's music!!! One of my favorites for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by froe234 View Post
              Very cool, thanks for posting!
              Originally posted by Jack_ View Post
              Thanks for posting. I love Tool's music!!! One of my favorites for sure!
              Thanks to you both for listening I'm glad to hear you're a fellow Tool fan Jack, Tool really are on a whole nother level in so so many ways. Thanks again guys, I'm happy you're digging it

Comment

nice playing. any pics of your setup and the drums sounded great

Comment

Originally posted by The Source View Post
                  at least something other than a Tool cover
                  NO. post more tool hehe

thats a great effort. In some of the bits where the singer isnt singing it could almost be confused for tool playing.

bit late now.. but tell your bass player the delay is 300ms for the intro and the first break.

Comment

I have been trying forever to get a kit on my TD12 that sounds like Tool....PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR SETTINGS!!!!
                    TD-12, KD-120, CY15, CY14.

Comment

Originally posted by srtrich View Post
                      nice playing. any pics of your setup and the drums sounded great
                      Gracias amigo!! Glad you enjoyed it man, there's some pics of my setup here: http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthre...ighlight=setup

Originally posted by Levon View Post
                      NO. post more tool hehe

thats a great effort. In some of the bits where the singer isn't singing it could almost be confused for tool playing.

bit late now.. but tell your bass player the delay is 300ms for the intro and the first break.
                      Haha more Tool, now that's the spirit man!! There's definitely more on the way, so keep an eye on this thread! Confused for Tool playing? Whoa dude, I think that's about as good a compliment as I can get, so I thank you I'll pass that delay info on, then he's got NO excuse for his slowass playing!! Cheers!
                      P.S Are you a bass player? There's plenty of room over here in Perth you know

Originally posted by X14Halo View Post
                      I have been trying forever to get a kit on my TD12 that sounds like Tool....PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR SETTINGS!!!!
                      Hahaha, all of them?? Geez man, that's a pretty tall order! Writing down all the eq, compression, inst., ambience, and pan settings will take me forever!!! Tell you what, as soon as I figure out how to post kits on here I'll post my "The Grudge" kit just for you, I promise man!! Peace!!

Comment

Seriously.. i had the audio playing, and changed over to another window, it sounded as good as some of the bootleg tool clips ive seen on the net.

I play guitar, bass and drums, have just started playing drums in my first band( have played guitar in bands for about 4-5 years) would love to have a jam... but Perth is just to far away lol

Comment

Working...
                        X