Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I did not know this.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did not know this.....

Here is a quote from the Roland page on BPMmusic dot com

'Roland has become the largest drum manufacturer in the world.
    They do more volume than Pearl, Drum Workshop, Tama,
    Gretch, Mapex or any other drum manufacturer'.

As Johnny Carson used to say "I did not know this...."

Did you?

Originally posted by Perkussion View Post

As Johnny Carson used to say "I did not know this...."
    High-ohhhhhhhh! Correct, sir!

I didn't know that either.
    >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Um, neither did I. Is that really true?

Comment

Bwhaaaa... Maybe if they count each module(s) total kits/sounds as a sale.

How many kits in a td 20? 50?
        TDW-20s Black Firmware 2.51: 3 extra CY12's, DW 9002's, SPD-S, PM-30, Mackie 802-VLZ3, Laptop, AudioKontrol 1, CueBase 4, Addictive Drums, Superior 2.0
        VEX kits: Master Picks 1&2, Top 50 1&2, Exotics1, Professor Pack
        Acoustics in storage: Eames Finetone shells, Gretsch diecast hoops 8,10,12,14,16,22. '66 Slingerland snare. Tama 'hardware, lots of Zildjians.

Comment

What do you mean by "Roland page"? Is it a commercial page?
          A-kit:

E-kit:[B]

Comment

Originally posted by Perkussion View Post
            Here is a quote from the Roland page on BPMmusic dot com
            'Roland has become the largest drum manufacturer in the world.
            They do more volume than Pearl, Drum Workshop, Tama,
            Gretch, Mapex or any other drum manufacturer'.
            In the immortal words of Public Enemy.."Don't believe the hype"
            On YouTube: Playing Drum'n'Bass live with TD12 and SPD-S: Gig in Budapest
            With TD20-KX on SoundCloud
            Now sporting a TD30KV kit....
            "Trust Me, I'm a Professional"

Comment

Theres been an explosion in Vdrum sales over the past couple of years and Roland are selling most of it. Its all us ex drummers and practicing drummers thats doing it.

Thats why you cant get a deal on Roland gear.

Comment

Originally posted by John.b View Post
                Theres been an explosion in Vdrum sales over the past couple of years and Roland are selling most of it. Its all us ex drummers and practicing drummers thats doing it.

Thats not true I got a decent deal on mine approx $700.00 knocked off. But I agree it makes for great practice and low budget recording tool. Off topic I finally splurged and ponied up for DW'S after procrastinating getting a high end kit again for over 10 years (used to have Ludwig Superclassics) especially since I play mostly as a hobby now. I got a good deal on them as well. As I should after purchasing the 9's from the same store a few months back. Now there is a bad case of G.A.S. Mind you both kits cost less then a 20 would of. Back on topic I am sure they are selling well, considering all that can be done with them.
                Last edited by Bobvan; 06-26-08, 03:28 PM.
                Tama Arstar TM6 Pro 2X PD85's

Comment

Double post
                  Tama Arstar TM6 Pro 2X PD85's

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
                    Um, neither did I. Is that really true?
                    I had the same reaction...and believe it or not...

it's true.

Seems counterintuitive..but's it's true. There is another thread discussing this somewhere on the board with more evidence than me just saying "it's true" too.

E
                    - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

dont know if the popularity is different in europe, though my contact in the music shops says they are selling well, partially because they sell for about 20% under list price....which is a pretty good deal i think...
                      TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                      ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                      not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

It may also depend on how they are defining "drum manufacturer". A lot of performing drummers are triggering their A's these days, so if they count those types of things, bits and pieces like clamps and all, that would make some sense. But just pure kit sales? Not so sure about that.
                        TD-12; TD-6V; FD-8; Hart Pro Toms, Snare, Bass; ECII hihat, crashes, splash & ride; Smartrigger crashes & china; Hart Hammer Pad; Pintech Dingbat; Iron Cobra double-bass.

"I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Fullback32 View Post
                          It may also depend on how they are defining "drum manufacturer". A lot of performing drummers are triggering their A's these days, so if they count those types of things, bits and pieces like clamps and all, that would make some sense.
                          I seem to recall that was part of the claim. -double check though... I've not had time to find the particular thread that mentioned this before.. but it's here somewhere.

E
                          - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

The claim that Roland is the largest drum company in the world is based on gross sales for their drum division which apparently surpass those of Pearl Drums.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
                              The claim that Roland is the largest drum company in the world is based on gross sales for their drum division which apparently surpass those of Pearl Drums.

Bruce
                              Bingo. I figured that "biggest" meant gross dollars...the fact that their kits go for 3-5 times the cost of their acoustic counterparts says it all.
                              Frankly, I think it is an inaccurate way of defining "biggest".
                              It is like quantifying a movie based on its' gross dollars from ticket sales. The record for the highest grossing film gets broken every couple years. It has nothing to do with how many units sold, but more about the price of the ticket.

Comment

Working...
                              X