Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Password Hacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password Hacking

Anybody else getting emails that someone is trying to hack their vdrums.com account? I just got two and this forum locked out their IP addresses. I must say that I appreciate the level of security on this site more and more!
    sigpic

I don't have any such attempts showing on my vdrums and email account. Did it ID and display the IP address?

Our security and other features were just updated even further in the last 2-3 weeks.

Hopefully, the other Mods may have the computer skills to assess this further.

You may also wish to send a PM to forum owner/Administrator Ben Kraft (just go to the forum's main index page, clock on "Forum Leaders", and click on member "KraftMusic") with any more details.
    Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...

Comment

Michael, forward me the email if you saved one.
      Alan
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Err, how can one find those IP-adresses if someone is trying to hack your account?

Stijn
        'lectric drumma
        Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

"Anybody else getting emails that someone is trying to hack their vdrums.com account?"

Nope, not me
          Dave
          Sonic Orb Studios
          My Youtube

My kit is custom running 10, 12, 14" toms, a 12" snare, 2 crash, 1 ride, 1 splash, and dual kick drum all plugged into a
          Roland TD-6V module which runs MIDI to Superior Drummer 2

Comment

No.... Maybe something "living" on your box?

dbldare

Comment

-that's a negative here too good buddy.

Maybe you're just special.

E
              - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

I used a stethoscope and couldn't detect any hacking. Just take two aspirins and post in the morning. (drum roll, cymbal crash. Groan. Here comes the hook!)
                Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo View Post
                  I used a stethoscope and couldn't detect any hacking. Just take two aspirins and post in the morning. (drum roll, cymbal crash. Groan. Here comes the hook!)
                  ...and with a sound akin to a brick being dropped in a pool...please welcome the long forgotten Boingo.

E

(edit...where you been?)

any further attempts from the attacker Render?
                  Last edited by evil1rox; 06-24-08, 03:27 PM. Reason: forgot to ask
                  - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Ok... All joking aside, I'll look in to it for you. You'll have to give me your password first so I can log-in and check it out. Just email it to ......

dbldare

Comment

Working...
                    X