Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drum platforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum platforms

hi guys!

i want to ask for your opinions on drum platforms or raisers. im planning to build a tennis ball drum raiser due to vibration issues. which is better:

1. to include the drum throne on the platform or
    2. to not include the drum throne on the platform and raise the throne to compensate the height of the platform

which do you think is better. i like option 2 mainly because of space consumption but wouldnt it be hard to play with your pedals are high?

share your inputs and pictures if you have raised your drums

Thanks!

I use a platform that includes the throne, but that is because it is 18" off the ground and on wheels!

The big consideration is if you ever think you are going to need more height. Even 4" of acoustic foam will raise your platform past the point where the throne would be stable, or even go! For versatility, I would include the throne.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by adl View Post
      hi guys!

i want to ask for your opinions on drum platforms or raisers. im planning to build a tennis ball drum raiser due to vibration issues. which is better:

1. to include the drum throne on the platform or
      2. to not include the drum throne on the platform and raise the throne to compensate the height of the platform
      Thanks!
      #2. put your throne on it. If you ever have to play w/o it, it won't be odd. Render's got the right idea. I was able to put my platform on any riser, and nothing changed. Also, you can bolt / screw stuff down. I love the fact that my bass pedals are screwed down to the floor - they DON'T MOVE.

Here's my old one, I am re-doing mine soon, and will have new pics..

Oh, and Render likes my construction hazard tape..
      Attached Files
      Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX. Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.
      sigpichttp://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=353

Comment

Working...
      X