Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly things non musicians have said about your e-kit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly things non musicians have said about your e-kit!

This should be a fun game.

I'll start us off.

My 15yr old daughter, upon seeing a pic of the HD-1; "You know Dad, you can save a lot of money by going to Wal-Mart's toy department. The have the exact same thing only cheaper." "My dad wants to get a toy."

Several other people who have seen pics of the kit: "What are the pedals for."

Ok....so what weird crazy things have people said about your e-kit?

Home kit - HD1
    Church Kits TD-6 and now TD-4

wanna save 10% on your ecig supplies?
    www.ecigssimplified.webs.com

"£1750 for that? You can't even hear the sound of the drums"

Comment

Silence, followed by a scrutinizing look, followed by a sigh.

Comment

In-law: "How much did they cost?"
        Me: "They were very expensive"
        In-law: "like 7 or 8 hundred dollars?"
        Me: "Ummmm.......no."

Comment

Nobdoy disses my V-Drums! Ever!

Seriously, almost anything I hear is positive. Partly becuase of the genre of music I play. And even outside that genre, the people I play with appreciate the versatility and control. I think the guys at the blues night jam think of them as eccentric toys, but they respect the output.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
            Nobdoy disses my V-Drums! Ever!

Seriously, almost anything I hear is positive. Partly becuase of the genre of music I play.......
            Same here.

Comment

I use KD-7 bass drums and I wanted a more complete look so I purchased a new 20" bass drum rim, mounted a band logo sign in it and attached it to the front of the rack. From a distance, it does look like a bass drum. Several people have told me that it is the thinnest bass drum they have ever seen. Also, I use clear plexiglass bass drum beaters on my two KD-7's, so my wife tells everybody that I am a drummer with glass balls.

Comment

people have seen my td-5 have only expressed admiration - except for one guy (friend of a friend) who said: how retro, it looks like something from the 70's; and another guy, a repairman. who said: cool, i have a td-20 for recording....

so no dissing here in Sweden...
                TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Originally posted by drumslinger50 View Post
                  I am a drummer with glass balls.
                  That is probably more than I needed to know!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Colquhoun View Post
                    In-law: "How much did they cost?"
                    Me: "They were very expensive"
                    In-law: "like 7 or 8 hundred dollars?"
                    Me: "Ummmm.......no."
                    LoL

I got a similar comparison quote from guys who don't blink at spending 35k on a sled and 60k on a truck to haul it.
                    You paid how much for that?!?
                    Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

"Those aren't 'real drums'. They are just playing the sounds he wants them to play!" - Quote from a high school kid!!!

Isn't that the point???? LOL

dbldare

Comment

Actually, I've never gotten any bagging on them. Lots of compliments, especially from my high school age daughters' friends, who are musicians or drummers. Them love 'em. Maybe it's because they look like A's...who knows.
                        Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
                        "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Not had anyone say stupid things about my kit but I know I have been lucky, the first idiot to say something is out there somewhere. I just moved back to the UK and I am looking for a band, in my advertisement I have quoted that 'anyone with a phobia against electronic drums not to waste my time'

Maybe way in the future some kid will go up to a guy with an acoustic kit and say 'What, you mean each drum has only one sound and what are all the mics for?'

*Free TD-12 & TD-20 Kits*....*Free SPD-s Kits & Effects*
                          *Videos*......*Demos*......*Pictures*......*Documents*

Comment

"Sure they sound great but how is the crowd going to be able to hear them?" My reply: Well obviously they're going pass the headphones around.
                            DIY converted Ludwig Epic acoustic to E-Kit
                            Surge, Yamaha, Roland, and AtoE cymbals

Roland TD-10 module
                            Superior Drummer/Addictive Drums combo

Comment

Working...
                            X