Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Difficult Would This Be...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Difficult Would This Be...

Ok so I am already thinking of my next project.

How difficult would it be to convert this into an e-drum kit?

And...would this be a good kit for doing something like that?

Home kit - HD1
    Church Kits TD-6 and now TD-4

wanna save 10% on your ecig supplies?
    www.ecigssimplified.webs.com

I bought a PDP set, almost identical to that, with the same intentions, to convert it to electronic. I just picked up a Roland TD-7 module on Ebay for it. So far, everything is just under $300!

Still need heads, piezos, jacks, mounting hardware, bass trigger, hi hat trigger, and cables, but if I can keep it all under $600, I'll be ecstatic!

How much is that Pearl kit, anyway?
    I like how the tom is mounted to the cymbal stand, as more compact than a floor tom.

I say Go For It!
    The worst you can do is end up with a decent acoustic kit, even if you don't convert it, right?!

Comment

Zzounds wants 400.00 for the base kit. It does come with mesh heads for practicing. I'll bet I could use those. Problem would be the brain. That would prob cost more as I cant use the brain on my HD1.

Home kit - HD1

Comment

Someone else here just bought a Rhythm Traveller kit for the very same purpose. It is an excellent candidate for conversion.
        One nice thing is it comes with Pearl Muffle mesh heads, so one less thing to worry about.
        Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

My wife is gonna kill me when I tell her this idea.

Home kit - HD1

Comment

Originally posted by forpetessake View Post
            Problem would be the brain. That would prob cost more as I cant use the brain on my HD1.
            You can get TD-3s and TD-6s pretty cheap on eBay.

And, eBay seller "stancars" sells complete conversion kits for $95! http://cgi.ebay.com/6-Triggers-Dual-...QQcmdZViewItem

All that's left is cymbals. VDrums.com member Jman sells those if you don't wanna DIY.
            VDrums: a cluster of bits including TDW-20 and TD-3 modules, KD-85, PD-85(2), PD-8(5), CY-12(3), CY-8(2), CY-5(3), Kit Toys china, all on an MDS-6SL+ rack, SPD-S, VEX, VDL
            ZDrums: a Zendrum ZCSZX
            ADrums: an eight piece Tama Rockstar kit with lots o' Zildjians
            Gender-Conflicted Drums: a stock PDP Chameleon with a few Zildjians (a conversion just waiting to happen... then it can go both ways!)

Comment

Originally posted by forpetessake View Post
              My wife is gonna kill me when I tell her this idea.
              Take her out to her favourite restaurant for a nice romantic dinner beforehand

...and welcome to GASaholics Anonymous
              If you are OK with a soldering iron and some basic tools, the e conversion process is actually reasonably simple and generally works really well

Comment

Take the HD-1 back to the store.

I test drove my brand spanking new TD-6 kit for a week before I decided to return it and get myself a good used TD-3 kit and use it as a base for a DIY project. That will make more sense to your wife than having it become a clothes rack after you complete your conversion. And the money you save will easily pay for that romantic dinner...
                Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

Working...
                X