Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-Drum Hi-Hat question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Drum Hi-Hat question

OK .. nubee question. I see the V-Pro and the V-Stage kits have an electronic hi-hat cymbal mounted on a regular hi hat stand. How does that work? Is the cymbal two pieces? Does the cymbal move? How does it feel? Can you get all the action of an acoustic hi hat? Open/Closed/Splash.
    Roland TD12KX V Drums

Yes, the HH cymbal works and feels just like thier accoustic counterpart. They have a botom and a top plate that act the same as the accoustic. you have control over open, close, splash, and everything in between full open and close. In fact, the harder you step on the pedal, the more you choke the sound.

Comment

The work great - but only with the TD-12 and TD-20. To me, they are the closest thing to real hi-hats on an eKit.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
        The work great - but only with the TD-12 and TD-20. To me, they are the closest thing to real hi-hats on an eKit.
        Agreed! However, I use Todd Field's cymbals (2-piece, similar to a VH-12) which are constructed using real hi hat cymbals. (LOVE-EM!) I have them running through a TD-12 module.

Comment

Hart also has a moveable hi-hat; however, it is mounted on a Hart proprietary hi-hat stand called the EPedal II. It also differs in that it uses a single hat. Smartrigger 2-piece hats can be mounted on regular hi-hat stands, but you have to do some mods to the stand to get it to work. Whatever hat you get, the key is not so much the hat itself, but the module. On the TD-12, my Hart ECII hat is doing things that were never possible with my TD-6V.
          TD-12; TD-6V; FD-8; Hart Pro Toms, Snare, Bass; ECII hihat, crashes, splash & ride; Smartrigger crashes & china; Hart Hammer Pad; Pintech Dingbat; Iron Cobra double-bass.

"I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Working...
          X