Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

W00T - Got a Great Deal **I Think**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W00T - Got a Great Deal **I Think**

Well I have not owned a drum set since I sold my 11 piece Pearl set back in 1985 to help purchase my first car. I made the mistake of buying the video game Rock Band for my teenagers. As a result, I got bit really hard by the drum-fever bug. I went and demoed several kits at Guitar Center and came really close to buying a TD12 kit. However, I decided to wait and keep checking the local classifieds. I am glad I did because I scored my new set tonight

It is the older V10 series but at least it has the expansion card in it. The set is mint, and I mean mint. There is not a single scratch anywhere on it and the heads look brand new. I bought it off a guy that has a little studio set up in his townhouse where he recorded and mixed his own music. It still has all the manuals, boxes, and original 6k receipt from Sweetwater. I got it for $1800 and it included the throne and an iron cobra pedal. I think I got a very good deal, what do you guys/gals think.

I am glad to be back in the saddle again. I will be setting it up tomorrow. I cant wait to start practicing again

Oh yeah, I forgot... Hi - My name is Chris. I look forward to making some new friends on here.

Yes that is about the best you could have hoped for in price. If that kit auctioned on eBay it would have fetched $2200 to $2500 from a decent seller.

Comment

A good deal, indeed. And RED, too!

Congrats on your purchase, and welcome to our little club.
      >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Very nice looking set I paid close to a grand more putting together my fully expanded TD-9 of course that's new...
        Tama Arstar TM6 Pro 2X PD85's

Comment

WOOT indeed. Good deal. Now we need more pictures, videos, etc.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys....

I just picked the set up this morning in the ole minivan **cough** I mean 2008 Escalade **cough**. I will get it set up tonight after work and post some pics.

Comment

You got the Caddy inside the car...whichever vehicle it is you're using to pick it.

Nice deal!

E
              - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Hey Chris,

Welcome to the forum from the other side of the world. You got a great buy there.

It's nice to see another returnee to the drum world - I gave it away in 1986 and have recently returned to the throne so I look forward to hearing how you're progressing. And yes, more pics please.

Comment

Great deal, Chris; rock on!

Comment

Working...
                  X