Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compact Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compact Flash

Is there a way to get a 1GB memory card to read in
    a TD 20? I am having a hard time finding a Card
    512MB or smaller. I just bought some new kits, and
    I can't load them..

I had the same issue. I found 5 128m cards on eBay for $20. You dont need a 512. I have 8 kits and a bunch of patterns with tons of room leftover on one card.
    TDW-20s Black Firmware 2.51: 3 extra CY12's, DW 9002's, SPD-S, PM-30, Mackie 802-VLZ3, Laptop, AudioKontrol 1, CueBase 4, Addictive Drums, Superior 2.0
    VEX kits: Master Picks 1&2, Top 50 1&2, Exotics1, Professor Pack
    Acoustics in storage: Eames Finetone shells, Gretsch diecast hoops 8,10,12,14,16,22. '66 Slingerland snare. Tama 'hardware, lots of Zildjians.

Comment

IT was only 14 bucks so I ordered it, but they sent me a 1GB.

Comment

You can partition CF cards. Try here.

Comment

Originally posted by vern-o View Post
          Is there a way to get a 1GB memory card to read in
          a TD 20? I am having a hard time finding a Card
          512MB or smaller. I just bought some new kits, and
          I can't load them..
          Why don't you just buy a cheap 32 MB card? Someone posted that the larger cards take longer to load/save.

I recently got a few 32 MB cards here. $9.00 ea. Were authentic SanDisk, priced right and work great.
          http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showpost...80&postcount=7

I tried these guys about a year ago and they were defective. (they were also advertised as SanDisk but were a look alike knock off instead) However, someone posted not too long ago and said they had good luck.
          http://www.flash-memory-store.com/
          Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Partitioning Luck?

Any luck on partitioning? If you partition the 1Gb drive, does the TD-20 read it as 2 additional drives, or just a single 512Mb drive? In other words, does the TD-20 just waste anything above 512 Mb? Best Buy only sells 4Gb minimum CF drives now.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

The TD-20 will just see the first partition. However, other devices like PCs will see all of them.

Comment

Working...
              X