Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland raising prices....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland raising prices....

....like everybody else.
    Just noticed the Kraft Music site has a notice that as of June 1, Roland is raising their prices. A quick look shows that all the stuff is going up 10% to 20%. And I'm sure many other retailers are sure to follow suit. Just an fyi, if any of you are on the fence about new gear, it may pay to buy or reserve now.

Dont moan. Be glad youre not living in Sweden. I paid $9000 for a TD-20 kit last year. I see Kraft sells them for $5600. Some difference for the same stuff, huh?
    2Box DrumIt Five, TDW-20BK , additional Kit Toys & Roland cymbals, 2Box, Pearl and Sonor pedals

Comment

Plastic = petrochemical base = crude oil = $$$$

-I don't work for them or anything, but a huge component of the kits are plastic...and shipping. I would have to imaging with all the increases in crude oil prices, it's starting to affect raw components as well as "getting" the raw components... I'd imagine..

E
      - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Same story on $s here in Australia - $9K for a TD-20 kit is the best price I've seen here
        - with Aust. dollars worth about 94c U.S. at the moment it doesn't add up.....I could just about fly to the U.S. and buy a kit there for the same price as buying one here

Comment

Can't get enough

Plastic and metal have become sought after materials worldwide, i recently found out that our local council here right in middle UK are selling our plastic waste and sending it all the way to china to be re used and metal a few years ago was only worth £9 a ton and now has risen to almost £170 a ton.

Supply and demand i guess and a shortage of these materials linked to an increase in population and demand and i would hazard a guess that most of the VDrum components are mass produced in Asia and maybe shipped to USA or Mexico and assembled with cheap labour.

Globalisation i guess.

Solution? make your own kit he he
          Last edited by daveybabes; 05-20-08, 04:28 AM.
          WEBSITE - http://www.diamondelectronicdrums.com/
          YOUTUBE CHANNEL - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbVB...?feature=guide
          FACEBOOK me at ... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...83235555050736
          :eek: ...
          Showcase 1 - http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=253
          Showcase 2 - http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=354

Comment

All this talk of expensive plastic reminds me of a story a friend of mine wrote. In referencing "The Future" he explained; "I'm not talking about the future most people think of with flying cars and robot butlers. I mean The Future - when anything made of plastic is considered a valuable antique!"

Maybe it's not so far off...
            Id rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.

Comment

As part of my making a living I ship goods all over the world. I think a lot to do with it is the state of the USA Econ and the thing that hits me most is the high cost of shipping. High fuel prices have sent international postage and parcel shipments through the roof.

It really makes me MAD,,,, so I'm gunna take it out on my Rolands. They were made for hitting after all.

Mardy

Comment

Aww crud. I'd rather hope kraftmusic was just using this as an excuse to their marketing. Upto $400? I hope that is for a kit not an individual item... like TD-20

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                  Same story on $s here in Australia - $9K for a TD-20 kit is the best price I've seen here
                  - with Aust. dollars worth about 94c U.S. at the moment it doesn't add up.....I could just about fly to the U.S. and buy a kit there for the same price as buying one here
                  Trust me, there are times I have considered doing that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                    ...with Aust. dollars worth about 94c U.S. at the moment it doesn't add up.....I could just about fly to the U.S. and buy a kit there for the same price as buying one here
                    True, the U.S. dollar is worth so much less now. Although I remember when CD players were just coming out (yeah, way back then)....and U.S. folks were flying to Japan and buying one for the same price as just buying one in the U.S.
                    It all comes around.

Eventually.

Comment

The Dutch government makes it almost impossible to get a good deal in the USA for equipment. Every dollar is almost doubled by customs unfortunatly .
                      TD-20 brain, TDW-20 expanded! MDS-20BK, 3x PD125, 2x PD105, 3x CY-14C, CY-15R, CY-12R/C, Hart ECII-10B, VH-11, KD-120, Tama IronCobra Rolling Glides and pearl hardware.
                      Loving it every second..

Comment

Originally posted by Black Widow View Post
                        As part of my making a living I ship goods all over the world. I think a lot to do with it is the state of the USA Econ and the thing that hits me most is the high cost of shipping. High fuel prices have sent international postage and parcel shipments through the roof.

It really makes me MAD,,,, so I'm gunna take it out on my Rolands. They were made for hitting after all.

Mardy
                        2Box DrumIt Five, TDW-20BK , additional Kit Toys & Roland cymbals, 2Box, Pearl and Sonor pedals

Comment

It would be very interisting to compare the prices around the world.
                          In Australia the RRP for a TD20 is $11995AUD. The best advertised price by the largest music wholesaler Billy Hydes is $10916AUD. Given the current exchange rates of 0.94 that's $10,261 US.
                          What are the prices for td20 in US , Europe & Japan????
                          We could replace the Big Mac index with the TD20 index.......
                          :D

Comment

Originally posted by Engine Room View Post
                            Given the current exchange rates of 0.94 that's $10,261 US.
                            The going rate for the TD-20 kit in the US is about half that....
                            When you get to NY, I'll buy you a beer. Better yet, it'll cost half as much if YOU buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Engine Room View Post
                              It would be very interisting to compare the prices around the world.
                              In Australia the RRP for a TD20 is $11995AUD. The best advertised price by the largest music wholesaler Billy Hydes is $10916AUD. Given the current exchange rates of 0.94 that's $10,261 US.
                              What are the prices for td20 in US , Europe & Japan????
                              We could replace the Big Mac index with the TD20 index.......
                              9036 USD in Sweden
                              5499 Euros in Germany (Drum-Tec, one of the cheapest stores in Europe)

Comment

Working...
                              X