Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Here Know Music...i.e. Real Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Here Know Music...i.e. Real Music

I need some help!

I want to take a sample and trigger it from my SPD-S. I need to convert it in audacity so that I can keep triggering it with the different chords. I have The TAB and the intro is

A2 F#m7 D2 A2

Problem is, I have no clue what 'A2' is. So if my Intro is as above what would I convert the 4 chords above with corresponding audacity selections:

C
    C#/Db
    D
    D#/Eb
    E
    F
    F#/Gb
    G
    G#/Ab
    A
    A#/Bb
    B

So basically....A2 = ?????, F#m7 = ?????, D2 = ???????

Thanks a bunch

Don't know if this helps or not (I hope this is what you're asking):

A2 (aka Aadd9) = Db E A B

F#m7 = F# A C# E

D2 (aka Dadd9) = D E Gb A
    Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
    "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Fullback32 View Post
      Don't know if this helps or not (I hope this is what you're asking):

A2 (aka Aadd9) = Db E A B

F#m7 = F# A C# E

D2 (aka Dadd9) = D E Gb A

Not quite, no. I think you are giving me individual notes that make up the chords? Basically, I am listing the chords that make up the intro, but wondering if they are equivalent to the ones in Audacity that I listed above and if so.....which ones. There is no A2, F#m7, or D2 listed?

Comment

Originally posted by oldmandrummer View Post
        Not quite, no. I think you are giving me individual notes that make up the chords? Basically, I am listing the chords that make up the intro, but wondering if they are equivalent to the ones in Audacity that I listed above and if so.....which ones. There is no A2, F#m7, or D2 listed?

Ah, sorry...I thought you were asking what the notes of those chords were so you could input them or something. As to their equivalent in Audacity, man, I have no clue as I know nothing about that program. Those are the only options you are given? Just looking at that list, it looks like they are major chords only, which would not equate to any of the chords you are asking about. Is there any drop down or anything on those selections that let you choose chord variations? I mean, it would be weird to me that any music program would limit you to major chords only. Sorry I couldn't help you more.
        Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
        "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

that's all I can see....
          Attached Files

Comment

Well, just looking at that graphic, once again remember that I don't know anything about that program, it looks to me like that menu allows you change the base note of a given sample. Now I'm just shooting in the dark, but let's say that the chord in the sample is C2 (base note C), then it appears that this allows you to change that base note to A, which I would assume would change the C2 to an A2. I think that's a reasonable guess. Then again...I hope someone drops by this thread who knows something about Audacity. I'm probably being as helpful as a high wind on a prairie fire.

Comment

The screen grab you have posted is a key transpose box (or pitch shift to be more precise) which will transpose the selection up or down a given number of semitones.
              What is the sample? Is it a chord or a single note? If it is a chord, you won't be able to change it to a chord of a different structure, only a different pitch of the same chord structure.
              If your sample is a single note, you will need to copy and transpose the copies to form the notes of the chords in your tab.
              I am assuming the sample you have is an audio sample and not midi.

I hope this makes some semblance of sense to you!!! I'm not sure how to put it in non musical terms.... especially when I've been awake all night and it is now 5:55am!!

Comment

Fullback...looks like we posted simultaneously.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
                  Fullback...looks like we posted simultaneously.

Yep, and I think you explained it a lot better.

Comment

doesn't the numeric determine where on the scale the note is? i.e. C1 = middle C, C2 = one octave above etc etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                      doesn't the numeric determine where on the scale the note is? i.e. C1 = middle C, C2 = one octave above etc etc?
                      It can. In the context of what OMD posted though, I'd take it to mean chord structure, especially given the F#m7 which is 'F sharp minor seventh'. A2 would be an A chord with an added B which is also the 9th up an octave.

Comment

Actually, I think it could be a single note. So, the bar would be note, chord, note, note. OMD, what is the track? I've never heard anyone call a chord a 2 chord before, sounds more like an octave descriptor to me the more I look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
                          In the context of what OMD posted though, I'd take it to mean chord structure, especially given the F#m7 which is 'F sharp minor seventh'. A2 would be an A chord with an added B which is also the 9th up an octave.
                          Exactly, hence why an A2 chord is also known as an Aadd9 chord.

Comment

Working...
                          X