Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too good to be true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too good to be true?

Howdy, need a little advice.

Found a guy on craigslist in sacramento supposedly selling a TD12 for $600 bucks. Now I know that's just too cheap. His pic showed a td10 and when I asked him to confirm its a td10 he replies back no, its a td12. Ok so maybe he swiped the wrong pic off the internet to use in his ad. No big deal... maybe.

He makes me wait a few days to call me as he has another interested buyer. He calls me yesterday and says its for sale, works perfect and its a td12. I ask him if its hooked up to a kit and he says no but he has a pad that can demo the module.

He's an hour away and is willing to meet me halfway but I resist the urge to pounce on this seemingly great deal and suggest that if he brings it to me, lets me hook it up to my kit and it works I'll give him an extra 50 bucks... still a great deal at 650 bucks.

Any suggestions? Can one test a module without hooking it all the way up to a kit? I guess I could haul several different types of pads up there and use those.

Thanks,

Jeff

Originally posted by Chopster View Post
    Found a guy on craigslist in sacramento supposedly selling a TD12 for $600 bucks. Now I know that's just too cheap. His pic showed a td10 and when I asked him to confirm its a td10 he replies back no, its a td12. Ok so maybe he swiped the wrong pic off the internet to use in his ad. No big deal... maybe.
    Do I really have to spell it out more than that?

Even if it's a TD-10/12, I'd be much more worried about dealing with this guy anyway. He's up to something.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Has it already been deleted from Craigslist Sacramento?

Bruce

Comment

Hi Chopster,

I wouldn't want someone like that knowing where I live.......but you should be able to test most things with one pad and an FD-8 if you can meet somewhere safe.........but it sounds like vapourware to me m8

For all on the forum - there appears to be a bit of scamming going on with Roland kits and parts - a guy in Europe has a full TD-20 kit for $1K on eBay and is offering to pay international shipping.............I'd love to get it but that's just too good a price to be true

Comment

RUN, FORREST, RUN!

Seriously, I hope it works for you....but man, it sounds WAY too good to be true. Good luck.

Comment

These scamsters should have their genitals crushed and burnt.
            ENLIGHTENMENT IS THE EGO'S BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT

Comment

Originally posted by tablatom View Post
              These scamsters should have their genitals crushed and burnt.
              .....and THEN removed.

Comment

It was a TD-10

Turns out he was just a bit of a knucklehead who hadn't looked at the module in a while and never really got into it too much.

I offered him $500 and he took it. Its in perfect condition and I didn't have to mess around with any ebay nonsense. OK so it wasn't much of a smokin deal but I'm fairly pleased with my purchase.

I can see its gonna take a while to set this new module up... DAMN what a difference from the TD3

Comment

Cool
                  Looks like you got the better end of that bargain.

Comment

Working...
                  X