Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to our newest member, SindoHeris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to our newest member, SindoHeris

looks like a problem .....

If you see spam, you can always PM the moderators, you don't really need to start a thread. But thanks for the tip, he's gone now.

Comment

Yep - as I posted in another recent thread, you will often see that the person showing in the "Welcome to Our Newest Member" display on our site at any given time has ALREADY been banned.

Quite often - many times AS they are registering - we are checking out their registration information and detecting them as known or obvious Internet spammers (even if they use a different username, etc than anywhere else).

I'd estimate that I ban an average of 6-12 spammers per day - most of them WHILE they are registering - and I know the other Moderators are banning many as well. We also regularly review who registered while no moderator was active, and ban any who also are known or revealed spammers.
      Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...

Comment

The bots are definately in full bloom. The good news is the VB update is finally coming... we should see it (and the absence of massive spam) very soon!
        Alan
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by amonline View Post
          The bots are definately in full bloom. The good news is the VB update is finally coming... we should see it (and the absence of massive spam) very soon!
          Awwww...but I like the occassional threads that say something innocuous then I open it up and there's a pic of jiggly things happening while I'm reading the forum at work...

Alas..all good things to an end must come.

E
          - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Here's something to hold you over

www.jello.com

Comment

Originally posted by amonline View Post
              vBulletin 7 ROCKS
              I updated my forum last week and there's a ton of new features and some good anti-spam functions.

Comment

I know. I was salivating over the new features.
                Alan
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Me too!! I was temped to run the RC version of 7 but I really didn't want to run beta software on a live forum so as soon as they mentioned the official 7 release, it was database backup time and on with the upgrade.... which went very smoothly.
                  About a year ago, I discovered a really good plugin (from vBulletin.org) that has totally eliminated spam on all the forums I administer. It still runs perfectly on 7 too. I can PM you the link if you want.

Comment

You bet! Send it!
                    Alan

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by Canerican View Post
                        Here's something to hold you over

www.jello.com
                        +1 to Cans!!!!

-That had my coworkers asking "What're you laughing at?"

E
                        - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X