Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arrrrrgh.. i did it again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrrrrgh.. i did it again!

Just typing out my 'frustration' over here...

Last year, i bought myself a vanilla TD6-KX kit... After a month, i started upgrading with an MDS-12, MDS-20, PD-105, PD-125, VH-11, TD-20, CY-15R, CY-14 and a lot of extra hardware...

Later, i found out that VEX packs are pretty neat on the TD-20 so i bought both the Top-50 VEX packs which were awesome..

I promised myself NOT to buy anything new this month, but i couldn't stand it.. Just got the Gigging VEX packs and i can't wait till i get home to try them out.

G.A.S. is a disease... i'm in trouble
    TD-20 brain, TDW-20 expanded! MDS-20BK, 3x PD125, 2x PD105, 3x CY-14C, CY-15R, CY-12R/C, Hart ECII-10B, VH-11, KD-120, Tama IronCobra Rolling Glides and pearl hardware.
    Loving it every second..

Welcome home Jumpin' Jack Flash!!! ..... It's a GAS GAS GAS

But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas!
    But it's all right, I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash,
    It's a Gas! Gas! Gas!

Comment

There is an ending and I have rid myself of my GAS with the TD-12 I just bought. You should try the Master Picks and Top 50 Drummers. Some nice stuff on the Exotics and Professor too. I kinda went "meh" on the gigging pack. The rest will blow you away.
      Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute | Zildjian Ks

Comment

Well.. the biggest problem is the "strategy" of Roland.. After buying the MDS-20 rack, all the PD85's looked so darn small, so i just HAD to replace them with bigger pads .. After that, the cymbals also looked so darn small, so i HAD to replace them..
        Well.. with such a big kit, a TD6V is not what you want, so i HAD to replace it with a 20.

What will be next...
        TD-20 brain, TDW-20 expanded! MDS-20BK, 3x PD125, 2x PD105, 3x CY-14C, CY-15R, CY-12R/C, Hart ECII-10B, VH-11, KD-120, Tama IronCobra Rolling Glides and pearl hardware.
        Loving it every second..

Comment

Originally posted by rbressers View Post
          What will be next...
          Ummmm....the TD-20 expansion card?

Comment

Originally posted by Colquhoun View Post
            Oh yeah, is it there yet?!
            Loving it every second..

Comment

.....Bigger amp, bigger speakers, bigger sticks, bigger limbs, extra limbs....

Comment

......more pads, diy pads, a cage lots of little E-percussion thingies, another module (or two), surround amps and speakers, lights triggered by drums, a smoke machine, lasers

Comment

Oh yeah, is it there yet?!
                  I've "heard" it's in production... this summer's going to be fun.
                  Alan
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Oh my.. i just did a bid on a used KD-120 ..
                    Loving it every second..

Comment

what, just one?

Comment

Originally posted by Swaledale View Post
                        what, just one?
                        One more maybe?

Comment

Just typing out my 'frustration' over here...

Last year, i bought myself a vanilla TD6-KX kit... After a month, i started upgrading with an MDS-12, MDS-20, PD-105, PD-125, VH-11, TD-20, CY-15R, CY-14 and a lot of extra hardware...

Later, i found out that VEX packs are pretty neat on the TD-20 so i bought both the Top-50 VEX packs which were awesome..

I promised myself NOT to buy anything new this month, but i couldn't stand it.. Just got the Gigging VEX packs and i can't wait till i get home to try them out.

G.A.S. is a disease... i'm in trouble
                          You sir have deeper issues than GAS.
                          Music is not my passion, it's my obsession...
                          www.oblyvion.com
                          Facebook:[Scych]
                          You Tube Scychful
                          Twitter:@Raakinn

Comment

Originally posted by Swaledale View Post
                            what, just one?
                            I wouldnt even sit down on a kit with less than 3. Huh.

Any way, why not try just playing them for a bit. Well, while youve still got enough energy to get round them.

Comment

Originally posted by Colquhoun View Post
                              You are a cruel, cruel man!

Comment

Working...
                              X