Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deal or No Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deal or No Deal

So, I bought this drum set last week and I was wondering if I got a deal or, not so much...

I paid $750usd for:

Hart Dynamics Studio Standard Drumset
    Roland TD6
    Hart Rack

Drum Set

I have all of the paperwork the guy bought it new in 2003 He was a pro (Country) but, said this was his home set and he says that he did not use it very often.

So, which is it? Was it a deal? or No Deal?

-Nooblets

P.S. The laptop was not included.

I think it was a decent deal, bordering on good. The TD6 is selling for about $350, and if any of the pads are dual trigger, you probably got a good deal. I would have gone for it if I were in that market..
    Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX. Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.
    sigpichttp://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=353

Comment

Yup

All of the Acupads are the same model and I think they are dual trigger...if that means an additional trigger on the rim.

Edit: I just found out that the crash has a choke! Oh yeah! I am starting to feel better about this deal.

So, I guess it was a fair price but, not a stellar deal.

-nooblets

Comment

Looks like a good deal to me. Great looking kit !!!!
        Eric G: Pearl,Paiste,Remo,Vic Firth,Gibraltar,Roc-n-Soc,Roland TD-6V, Lots of Vex and mesh all around.

Comment

Bottom line is if it works right and makes you happy, it's a deal. You can drive yourself nuts trying to "justify" your purchase. Fugetaboutit! Just drum and be happy!

Comment

I think you did just fine with your deal, though I'm not sure those are going to be dual trigger pads. They look to be the older model Acupads like the ones I have, which are singles. Regardless, they're still very good mesh toms.
            >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Originally posted by V(ader)DRUMMER View Post
              I think you did just fine with your deal, though I'm not sure those are going to be dual trigger pads. They look to be the older model Acupads like the ones I have, which are singles. Regardless, they're still very good mesh toms.
              You're right. I checked the back of the drums this morning and only the snare is dual trigger, the other three are single. All of the pads look exactly the same with no model numbers on them. On the snare, there is a sticker saying "dual."

Can I use the inputs for Tom 3 and Tom 4 as dual trigger on a plain old TD6? That's assuming I don't split the inputs...right? I don't think I'm going to do that but, I was just curious.

-Nooblets strikes again!

Comment

Yes there is plenty of threads on here how to do that...

Deal to me

Comment

Originally posted by nooblets View Post
                  You're right. I checked the back of the drums this morning and only the snare is dual trigger, the other three are single. All of the pads look exactly the same with no model numbers on them. On the snare, there is a sticker saying "dual."
                  Sorry, dude, but again, I wouldn't worry too much about it. The Acupads are good drums, and depending on your style of play, you may or may not miss the dual triggers on the toms. Really, I don't. Of course, I do, however, have an SPD-S that I use for the additional percussion sounds I would assign to the tom rims if I had that capability. But, you can save that addtion for a future G.A.S. attack.

Enjoy your kit!
                  >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Originally posted by V(ader)DRUMMER View Post
                    Sorry, dude, but again, I wouldn't worry too much about it. The Acupads are good drums, and depending on your style of play, you may or may not miss the dual triggers on the toms. Really, I don't. Of course, I do, however, have an SPD-S that I use for the additional percussion sounds I would assign to the tom rims if I had that capability. But, you can save that addtion for a future G.A.S. attack.

Enjoy your kit!
                    No worries mate,

I love the set and, I'm happy that I didn't get ripped off.

I don't know what G.A.S. is but, that SPD-S looks awesome. But, I'm not going to purchase anything else in the near future. Maybe when my drumming improves I'll get one of those and a V Expressions kit and a second crash w/choke.

...you know my TD6 is kind of old i mean it was made in 2003 maybe I should replace it lol.

-Nooblets

Comment

Originally posted by nooblets View Post
                      No worries mate,

I love the set and, I'm happy that I didn't get ripped off.

I don't know what G.A.S. is but, that SPD-S looks awesome. But, I'm not going to purchase anything else in the near future. Maybe when my drumming improves I'll get one of those and a V Expressions kit and a second crash w/choke.

...you know my TD6 is kind of old i mean it was made in 2003 maybe I should replace it lol.

-Nooblets
                      You have G.A.S....your last statement is proof It's highly contagious and runs unchecked around here...pandemic I say.
                      chris :D

Comment

Working...
                      X