Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Private Message Spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Message Spam

Anyone else getting spam delivered to their private messages? Example below.

Hi,
    I'm new here, how's it going?

"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein

---
    Patricia
    http:/patricia.hub.io
    TD9 Frankenkit

Please provide us the member's name so we can handle it.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Got it too.

Comment

I got it as well. What do you mean spam? I thought I was personally being selected for Buddhism immortality.
        sigpic

http://www.silverdragonsound.com

Comment

Yep, I had exactly the same message myself earlier - clicked on the URL in the signature and it's just a load of advertising.
          TD-20 V-Pro Kit
          Yamaha Tour Custom / Zildjian K Customs and A Customs
          DW / Yamaha Hardware / DW5000 Double Pedal
          Yamaha 01x / i88x

Comment

Um, anyone want to give us the member name so we can ban the spammer??
            Alan
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Heh, sorry Alan! It's "Patricia"
              TD-20 V-Pro Kit
              Yamaha Tour Custom / Zildjian K Customs and A Customs
              DW / Yamaha Hardware / DW5000 Double Pedal
              Yamaha 01x / i88x

Comment

I just banned Patricia about 10 minutes ago.

Bruce

Comment

No activity for the last 15 minutes, so I think she's history.

Bruce

Comment

This is one of the moments that I live for as a moderator. Yes, killing spam is that much fun! Too bad BarT took all the fun this time

Comment

Hmmm... Patricia obviously doesn't understand that Buddhism prohibits exactly those sort of "recruitment" tactics.. From my understanding they class spiritual growth as a solo journey, not to be influenced by anyone on the outside. Quite ironic that someone would be ignorant enough to try and "sell" Buddhism....
                      "Today young men on acid realised that all matter is purely energy condensed to a slow vibration; That we are all of one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively; There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves.. Here's Tom with the weather"...

TD-20 + TMC-6 + VF-1 + Gen16's = Not enough inputs.
                      Watch me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLqt6zaAYkY

Comment

We often check new members as soon as they show up as registering; this is why you will often see the username displaying on the main index page as “Welcome to our newest member …” as banned. In fact, as I type this, the “new member” who is now registering as “Entjungferung” was banned by me within minutes of registering.

In the case of “Patricia”, this is also a known Internet spammer who registers under several other usernames such as “Stephanie”, etc. In this case, the person registered while no Moderators were on board and started to send private messages as soon as registered - an activity that had already raised my interest when I did log on earlier. We also periodically review all new members’ registration status as soon as possible after they sign up.

However, it is when our valued and valid members report such prohibited and latent activity that such actions come to our full attention if we didn’t get to them yet. Thank you all for your vigilance and collective efforts to keep our board a comfortable place to visit and participate.
                        Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...

Comment

I had one of these over at bossgtcentral, but her name was Jeanette. Sisters?

Comment

More Spam

Just in case it helps:

I'm brand new here and got this PM:

Markmcg
                            Hey,
                            I'm new here, how's it going?

"The most fundamental harm we can do to ourselves is to remain ignorant by not having the courage and the respect to look at ourselves honestly and gently" - Pema Chodron

---
                            Eternity
                            http://www.psend.com/users/eternity2

Mark
                            Mark
                            Sonikmatter.com

Comment

From?

Bruce

Comment

Working...
                              X