Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wet toes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet toes.

So my wife wakes me up this morning at about 6:30 and says there is a strange noise coming from the basement.... Last night we had a rediculous amount of rain so I tell here it's probably just the sump pump running but i'll check it out... confirmed... sump pump pumping the sump. So I glance behind me where my $$$ drumset with my brand new TD20 module sits... LAKE!?! Quick inspection, just feet of the stands... couple cables... rugs wet. Nothing major. Looks like the water came down the escape well and flowed under the window. Basement is unfinished, so no major water damage either. Luckily the rugs I use for the set are those ones like you find in school... you know the ones that can take a puking and all it needs is a hose off.

Drumset is A OK... just has wet toes!

I knew I bought that Rigid wet/dry for some reason!
    -Coop

Roland TDW-20 Module VEX'd, Boss FS-6, two DW 9900 holding four Pintech Concertcast toms, Hart Dynamics Pro Snare on DW 9300, Hart Dynamics ECymbal II HiHat on EPedal II, Hart 14" Crash, 12"crash, 14"China, 16"ride on 4X DW 9700 , Pintech DingBat, Roland KD-120, Tama Iron Cobra doubles, Pork Pie Big Boy Throne (Camo).

Ouch! Thats a lucky escape. Good job you looked at the floor before playing, that would certainly have been an electrifying performance!

Comment

You are one lucky son of a gun. You should count your lucky starts. On second thought head to Vegas and place a few bets.
      sigpic

http://www.silverdragonsound.com

Comment

Glad to hear a crisis was averted. I have been putting off buying a water heater/flood alarm for the longest time. I guess now is a good time....

Comment

I would have had two heart attacks. Glad to hear things were caught in time!
          Alan
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by labenske View Post

I knew I bought that Rigid wet/dry for some reason!
            I hate my Rigid wet/dry! Anyone who engineered something that the wheels drop off without any effort oughta be shot!

But...I'm with you on the flood - been there. Last year the bobber deal on the sump got stuck down, and we woke up to peek down to see if the cat had food and yup....plenty of water too. Took the majority of the day cleaning it up and did it about 3 days later, again. Needless to say, my basement stayed clean for quite a while - its a disaster again, so probably due for another flood. Like you...drums just got the wet toes

Comment

Originally posted by amonline View Post
              I would have had two heart attacks. Glad to hear things were caught in time!

two heart attacks, Alan...? are you Dr Who ?
              http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...760#post301760
              :cool:
              ;)

Comment

heh...I remember in college my band practiced in my crap-hole house's basement. It was a dive, but it was a place to practice. Anyway, we had a rainstorm that seemed of Biblican proportions. Went down to the basement the next morning and upon entering a guitar literally floated past me!
                Amazingly enough, nothing sustained any permanent damage. A lot of opening up amps, foot pedals, etc, to let it all air dry.

Glad to hear your stuff is all okay!
                Stick twirling - because you obviously have mastered all other aspects of drumming already, right?

Comment

just has wet toes!
                  Did you call a toe truck?

Comment

yes 3cup... yes I did. Then I ate toe mato soup and it was toe riffic.
                    -Coop

Roland TDW-20 Module VEX'd, Boss FS-6, two DW 9900 holding four Pintech Concertcast toms, Hart Dynamics Pro Snare on DW 9300, Hart Dynamics ECymbal II HiHat on EPedal II, Hart 14" Crash, 12"crash, 14"China, 16"ride on 4X DW 9700 , Pintech DingBat, Roland KD-120, Tama Iron Cobra doubles, Pork Pie Big Boy Throne (Camo).

Comment

yes 3cup... yes I did. Then I ate toe mato soup and it was toe riffic.
                      And prolly fingerlicken' good too.

Comment

oof, that was lucky..
                        well, it's not safe on an attic too,
                        once heavy rain was pushed under my 45° rooftiles,
                        by a severe storm, there were puddles in my room
                        the next day.. but not where my module/pc was..
                        so, with heavy rain/storm : i put plastic on it.
                        Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Working...
                        X