Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1000 character PM limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000 character PM limit

I realise this topic has been discussed by the mods but please....can we have this ridiculous 1000 character limit on PMs increased somewhat.
    It won't make any noticeable difference to database and file server loads (trust me, I own multiple vBulletin forums and do all the server and MySql configuration and admin on them). All it does is cause frustrations when replying to someone's PM. Nine times out of ten, I can't reply with the original quote and that is very frustrating!!

u wil hav 2 b mor k'nsys.

I h8 txt spk!

Comment

I h8 txt spk 2!

I understood all except k'nsys. What on Earth is k'nsys?

Comment

kon-siy-ss...

Comment

Aha!

IWTTDTFNO BMPWUWIAS

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
            Aha!

IWTTDTFNO BMPWUWIAS

Your search - IWTTDTFNO BMPWUWIAS - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:
            Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
            Try different keywords.
            Try more general keywords.
            Try fewer keywords.

Comment

I Wish Texting Twits Didn't Type F****** Nonsense, Obviously

But My Pet Wombat Understands Words In Abbreviations (Sortof!)

Comment

ROFPMSL Bruce!!! Good one!

Translation of IWTTDTFNO BMPWUWIAS -
                I Will Try To Do That From Now On .... But Most People Won't Understand What I Am Saying

IRMC

Comment

I rarely PM unless it's a reply. When I do - it's as concise as possible, dropping unnessary words, with just reasonable abbreviation, and character replacement where possible ("&" instead of "and", etc).

If the message hits almost 1000 characters and I need more, I just type "continued..." and start a second message. Of course, you're limited to 70 messages at a time - but why be a "PM pack rat "?
                  Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...

Comment

Yes same here SDG. We have definitely discussed it (as we discuss all requests/complaints). We do our best to make this site better and better, but there are some places where we simply can't move up or down. I not saying that this is one - but it might be.
                    And we appreciate suggestions, just please understand that there are places that no amount of debate will change.

Comment

edit - Taking reply to PM. Doesn't need to continue here.
                      Last edited by SuperPuss; 04-22-08, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X