Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How things stand now AKA race for the finish 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How things stand now AKA race for the finish 2

Some of you might remember 2+ years ago a vdrums.com hall of fame member Steveo the Devo (OK there is no hall of fame but if there was he would be in it) created this thread (The Race for the Finish) to commemorate the world oldest forum profession, yes, being a post lady (or gentleman) of the night.

So because we have come such a long way, I bring you the Race to the Finish 2! Now you may be asking, wow, a race, how do I win? You win by getting the most posts here. Will anyone ever win for good? Who knows? But Steveo was kind enough to show us all how to win.

I know many members want to make it to the big league by outposting every other person here. I suggest a three-fold approach to help you achieve this:
    a. Jump into every thread and make a stupid comment that is completely unrelated to the original threads' intent claiming that it was all for humour or simply edit with a 'whoops, sorry wrong thread'
    b. Start a whole new thread every time you reach what you determine to be a thread milestone (I suggest every 5 or 10 posts would be appropriate in this regard)
    c. Start a new thread everytime you pass someone elses posting record and tell everyone about it - that way we'll ALL know how much more intelligent and helpful you have been compared to them.
    So hop to it!

Oh also mods can change post counts, so if you send me $2000 in unmarked bills we can talk. That might be an easier way to win.

1 (12). BarT (5041) - BarT has moved from 12th to 1st in two short years. For a while we rarely heard from him, the proverbial Dark Horse, he overcame a massive deficit and managed to be #1.

2 (1). JmanWord (4814) - Who would have ever thought that Jerry would be taken over? Jerry literally broke all Vdrums.com records during his first 7 years here. He essentially mainstreamed DIY e-drumming, and he has had him drums featured in Modern Drummer. Still a force to be reckoned with.

3 (20). amonline (4274) - Most known for his V Expressions kit, has also been known to change his avatar as often as possible. Steveo predicted that amonline wouldn't be a serious contender to win the race, however, it is possible that during the three weeks after the TDW-2 was released that Alan racked up at least 400 posts thrusting him well ahead.

4 (not ranked).Michael Render (3985) - Best known as the guy who wears funny costumes and won't sell me a Power Jewel. Also known as "the new guy" on the list. Keep an eye on this guy, he's going places.

5 (2). Boingo (3290) - His avatar is mooning me, admits to being a "Nappy-headed Post Ho." However, he has slowed his posting a bit. Could he be planning a comeback?

6 (3). Pimenta (3089) - It seems like ever since he moved to that fancy island somewhere in that big ocean that he has slowed down posting. Maybe its that weather, maybe its the fact that there haven't been any Chupacabras found (yet), Pimenta could catch up within a week, all he would have to do is post about 350 times per day.

7 (15). Canerican (2870) - Kind of Stravinsky, when you first start listening to him, he sounds incoherent and annoying, when you finally start to understand, he just stops abruptly.

8 (not ranked). Evil1Rox (2853) - Has quickly moved in and racked up and impressive score. Apparently is a fan of a "John Bush."

9 (honorable mention, 22) Joe K (2454) - The "silent but deadly" award recipient. You rarely see his posts, but he is definitely one of the most musically knowledgeable people we have here.

10 (14) Renegator (2110) - Another good one. Has probably been the most consistent poster around here, rarely deviating from his average amount. If ever nuclear war breaks out, we can count on Renegator's consistency to deliver him the win.

Well that's it for now, I'll bring you the next 10 in the following week or so.
    Last edited by Canerican; 04-19-08, 12:33 PM.

In with post number two

Comment

What are the numbers in brackets next to the person's position
      For example
      1 (12). BarT (5041) - BarT has moved from 12th to 1st in two short years. For a while we rarely heard from him, the proverbial Dark Horse, he overcame a massive deficit and managed to be #1.
      What is the (12)? Is it posts per day?

Yes, serious question

Comment

Amazing that the top 3 posters - and 4 of the top 7 - are Moderators.

That means: every one of the Forum Nazi Moderators except the quite mild-mannered, subdued, diplomatic, mellow, subtle, tranquil, and reserved yours truly Some Day Grey guy are high in the top 10.

In addition, if you remove my many variations of "Use the Search Feature" posts, I would probably be in the bottom 10 of posters here.

Thus, this public display of declaration to each of my fellow Moderators:

Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
          What are the numbers in brackets next to the person's position
          For example

What is the (12)? Is it posts per day?

Yes, serious question
          The number in brackets is their position in Stevo's original race for the finish post

Comment

Hope that's clear SP

Comment

Gotta keep my post count up

Comment

whoops, sorry, posted in wrong thread

Comment

Anyone got any more questions that need answering?
                  Last edited by Swaledale; 04-19-08, 03:08 PM.

Comment

No. Sorry.

Comment

Personally, I think this is a stupid idea.

Comment

I completely agree.

Comment

Silly idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Swaledale View Post
                            The number in brackets is their position in Stevo's original race for the finish post
                            Aha. Gotcha

Comment

Originally posted by Swaledale View Post
                              Hope that's clear SP
                              Yeah. Thanks. That clears things up purrfectly

Comment

Working...
                              X