Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

drumming face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drumming face

new drummer here. i've been drumming for about too hours now and i've noticed that i pull a funny drumming face, does this ever go away?

Nope........

Comment

Nope, just look at Michael Render and you can see how serious it can get

Comment

i'm trying to get both sides equally funny..
        Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip/Meinl cymbals

Comment

LOL I think this about myself everytime I play. I think I'm just over conscious because no one's ever made fun of me... yet. LOL
          Alan
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

I'm not sure if it ever goes way but my wife laughs at me every time I play the drums. She says I look like a constipated retard. I am so afraid to see my face in the mirror. I sure my facial expression will chance as I get past the learning phase and get better.
            sigpic

http://www.silverdragonsound.com

Comment

this is my metal \m/ face

drumkat 3.0, roland spd 6, hart mulitpad, dauz pads, pintech hyperhat and k-3 kick trigger, roland td-8, emu procussion sound module, simmons mtx9, 12 pack of beer

i cant spell or use good grammar and i really dont care.

the black math experiment

Comment

My drumming face...

and that was just a straight 4/4 beat!

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonking View Post
                  this is my metal \m/ face

i suggest you do something about that drum stool...
                  http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...760#post301760
                  :cool:
                  ;)

Comment

Crimsonking, were you given an award around here? Did you get the fabled golden seatless drum throne?

Comment

Originally posted by Swaledale View Post
                      My drumming face...

and that was just a straight 4/4 beat!
                      is that concentration or constipation?

Comment

Neither. It's a severe case of syncopation!

Comment

LOL, is it just a raised left eyebrow beyond your normal "not drumming" face?

i have a guitar face as well but it's not as good as my drum face. today, while trying to play the hats off beat to the kick i had a look of stan laurel apparently.

Comment

Heh, I thought I looked pretty rock and roll when I played until years ago someone said "you're a great drummer, but you look as if you're worrying about whether you left the oven on when you're playing". I saw some video footage of me playing the other day for the first time and they were right!
                            TD-20 V-Pro Kit
                            Yamaha Tour Custom / Zildjian K Customs and A Customs
                            DW / Yamaha Hardware / DW5000 Double Pedal
                            Yamaha 01x / i88x

Comment

Back when I started drumming I used to play with a pair of earmuffs on (after I lost about 1/3 of my hearing ) that were ridiculously tight. So tight that I used to have to stick my jaw out while I was wearing them just to be comfortable. It's since become part of my technique and even after not using the stupid things for a decade- I still play for about 30secs and then I turn into the gorilla
                              "Today young men on acid realised that all matter is purely energy condensed to a slow vibration; That we are all of one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively; There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves.. Here's Tom with the weather"...

TD-20 + TMC-6 + VF-1 + Gen16's = Not enough inputs.
                              Watch me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLqt6zaAYkY

Comment

Working...
                              X