Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How 2 Pack the Kit for the GiG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How 2 Pack the Kit for the GiG?

What is the best way to pack/ get the v kit to the gig?
    I just fold it all in on its self , lleave it all plugged in, an lay it in the back of the SUV ( The Band VAN) carry it all in, in one piece (cept peddels) and GO.

I this OK ? or should I brake it all down

Originally posted by Drumn4god View Post
    I just fold it all in on its self , lleave it all plugged in, an lay it in the back of the SUV ( The Band VAN) carry it all in, in one piece (cept peddels) and GO.

This will do it for you!
    Attached Files

Comment

The best way is whats easiest for you while keeping the kit safe. When I had the TD-8 v custom kit, I would take off the pedals, fold in the arms and lay it in the back of my car. Just be careful not to snag a cable on anything and rip it out or puncture a head / dmage a pad. With that kept in mind it will be fine.
      Or, get the mule.
      **New kit construction complete. Pangea is born**SPD-S, Malletkat Express w/ Kurzweil PC-2R, Mackie DFX-12 mixer and a pair JBL EON G2 15" amps with an Eon 518-S Sub.

11pc. Pearl kit with custom marble swirl finish, and Sabian Cymbals.

sigpic

Comment

Packing for a Gig

I typically will take all the pads and cymbals off and put them (and my pedals, modules & mixer) in my Gator cases. I have one very large case for pads & cymbals, a slightly smaller case for pedals, foot triggers and whatever else will fit in there, and a small case that holds the brains of the outfit (modules, synth & mixer).

After taking the pads off, I then fold up the stand as best I can with the hardware still on and cram it into the back of my Jeep. For me, leaving the pads on during travel is not feasible since it would be too heavy for me to lift by myself, as well as being too cumbersome (and I'm afraid they'd get damaged). I use memory locks on the L-Rods so it all goes back together fast. I use zip ties on the cables on the L-Rods and cymbal holders so there is no guess work when it comes to plugging everything back in. I have color coded and numbered my cables for my modules so it goes together fast as well.

Is my anal retentiveness showing?
        Frequent GAS Sufferer

TD-9, RMP-12, RMP-5 & SonicCell on Gibraltar Quad Stands.

Comment

this is designed to carry e-drums....

http://www.osc.drum-tec.de/protectio...ro3-p-572.html
          http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...760#post301760
          :cool:
          ;)

Comment

Quite a bit of input from members in the previous thread linked below, plus my response contains links to many more:

http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39487

Although much of it is specifically aimed at breakdown after the gig or overall transport of the kit, it should be the same basic concepts.

At least one of the previous discussions emphasizes being sure to cushion any components left attached to the rack during transport; others mention marking attachment locations, labeling items, etc if you break it all down. I hope this all helps...
            Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...

Comment

Just remember to go with a generic mule. Roland-branded mules cost twice as much.
              >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

yea but try that with a large Gibraltar stand and large drums...not easy.

I tend to break my kit down all the way and pack it in the trunk and back seats of the car when moving it but 95% of the time my kit stays in the studio. I only move it if I need to bring it to the college for a video project. Breakdown takes 30 minutes, setup takes about 45...and none of it is fun haha
                Dave
                Sonic Orb Studios
                My Youtube

My kit is custom running 10, 12, 14" toms, a 12" snare, 2 crash, 1 ride, 1 splash, and dual kick drum all plugged into a
                Roland TD-6V module which runs MIDI to Superior Drummer 2

Comment

Working...
                X