Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Mike Portnoy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Portnoy

As everyone knows, Mike is a very good drummer. While I think he over plays on many songs, check out Liquid Tension 2. He is more creative, musical and overall a better player on this CD. I believe there are a few edrums mixed in his monster kit somewhere.......the next Peart???

Nope, no e-drums in there. It's a Tama StarClassic Maple with 2 timbalies (sp?) and 3 toms and whole pooh load of cymbals. Here is what Mike has to say about e-drums...
    http://www.mikeportnoy.com/about/mpf...=1&fldAuto=174

...Jordan is the keyboard player.

Comment

I actually bought this CD yesterday, and overall it's pretty interesting. "Biaxident" is my favorite song on the album.
      Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

Wow, this album is really starting to grow on me. I love it! Especially the absence of vocals.

Can anyone offer a comparison with the first LTE? I read that it's more on the metal side of things...
        Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

I personal like the first one better. Since I like the harder style stuff. They both are great. The opening drum fill on the first song will definately get your attention. I have the VHS videos for the first CD and it is unreal. I think it is called liquid theater it is a double VHS box set really really good.
          Ted H.

Comment

Working...
          X